What’s on your mind?

Woot. But the partner thing is such fun. And there is a better game in my opinion. Pinochle is the weed that lead to my cardboard crack addiction: Magic The Gathering. And to think I could theoretically blame my wonderful grandmother for my obsession. Naw. https://cardboard-crack.com/

1 Like

Oh yes always partners, always count cards, and sly inkling. I am probably the best pinochle player in the western hemisphere and the biggest troublemaker too.

:men_wrestling:

I’d like to test that theory. My SO’s dad also played. A grenade went off in his hand before he could throw it but he could still sling those cards with the fingers he had left. Pinochle was such a lovely past time. Television can be over rated. Well, except Breaking Bad. I never would have watched that show if Jim Leff had not put me on to it. Some of my friends mock me for not watching enough tv. So I kill them. I much prefer duels in magic the gathering and the premise is that you and your opponent are planeswalkers fighting over control of the same plane. It is a duel to the death. I don’t lose often. One of the shop owners where I play gave me the best nickname: A Train because how do you stop a train? You don’t. Plus how many posts have you had flagged today? Huh? Huh?

1 Like

This was sent to me and thought that I would share:

5 Likes

Warriors! Holy cannoli!

1 Like

Awww thank you! Am sitting here with my aperol spritz on this humid muggy night and what a delight.

1 Like

Topic? What is this topic you speak of? I know what you mean though. I did start a new topic in praise of thrift shops but I have found in my limited time here and on other sandboxes it’s just best to chat. I hate to say with like minded people because I love talking with people who don’t think the same as me. Make it so number one. If you build it they will come. I have not found too many constraints yet. I had a post flagged today but I think it was because of one word I used in a quote from several years ago. I told my one friend and he mumbled something like euphemism treadmill. The flag system tends to skew towards the more complainy types just like on chowhound. I never reported any one there except twice people selling sneakers. Want to buy some sneakers?

1 Like

“Today is SCOTUS’s last opinion release day for June 2022. With their term coming to an end each release date is highly anticipated.”

Please Google it as we can’t mention what these decisions are.
Our thread might get locked so we can’t discuss them because it would be considered political.
We are all enjoying this thread, yourself included.
Again, we don’t want to risk the thread getting locked.

1 Like

I was joking about the sneakers. I should google it but perhaps a negroni first to steel myself.

My grandfather lost his right arm at the elbow in a farming accident. He played lots of cards but needed to use a cardholder. The few taverns he frequented would keep one behind the bar for him. His game was sheepshead. My father’s games were pool, sheepshead, and gin. Mine were pinochle and gin.

LOL! I stopped watching television in 2002 and resumed around 2014. But since resuming only watch news programs. When people talk about television shows I sit there with a big “?” over my head. I’ve actually binged on Breaking Bad but stopped somewhere in the second season. Mr White got to unbelievable, but Jesse was awesome always. He just cracked me up. I still call currency “fat stacks” because of him.

The mods, whom I’m on first name basis with, have me on their frequent flyer list for flagging. We all exchange Christmas gifts and I went to their kid’s graduation and bar mitzvahs. Can you say that??? Hmmm? Well, can you?

PS - I only need two more posts flagged to win the trip to Hawaii.

2 Likes

The National Weather Service has issued an Excessive Heat Warning for Minneapolis for the next 36 hours. Apparently we can expect temperatures to soar above 32F. Pray for us.

3 Likes

Ask and you shall receive :pray: Done!

2 Likes

Lol - hopefully you can pop into a cooling center, or swing by your library. We’re in grave danger up here as well…

1 Like

Be safe!!!

1 Like

Yes, I’ll be sure to take all precautions to avoid deadly heat stroke when the temperature climbs to a broiling 62F degrees on Sunday. :sun_with_face::fire::sunny:

3 Likes

Sweet Baby Jesus. :hot_face: You might need to resort to dressing in single layers. And don’t forget it’s not just the heat, it’s the humidity.

If anything happens just blink twice if you need assistance.

1 Like

Of course, it’s that pesky heat index that’s the real worry! To keep even safer, I’ll need to forgo ETOH as well. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Whoa whoa whoa. Let’s not get too drastic. :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

My sister in North Carolina was sharing their recent hot temps, and higher “feels like”/ heat index. Our “feels like” is actually lower than the actual , but still hot, temperatures.

1 Like

Heat dome is the dreaded term these days.
Not here though. 54⁰

Crater Lake currently

9 Likes