What’s on your mind?

Ugh, Cats, (gag, hairball). Worst theatre show ever.

2 Likes

Golden hour (after an afternoon of torrential rain and thunderstorms).

11 Likes

Gorgeous.

1 Like

Golden hour. Thanks for the pic Love this time of year. I made a booze run and when cdc (constant dining companion) woke up and stumbled into the living room a squirrel was peering in the window and scratching at the glass to get attention. I fed that little sucker and the birds before I left. Now we will probably get a bad review on Squirrel Yelp.

3 Likes

:joy::rofl: Hopefully the squirrels will review you well, especially since you comped them!

1 Like

We have been comping those little brats for many years. For some reason we get lots of squirrel visitors. It might be the four black walnut trees the previous owner planted. Even brattier and more playful are the flyers. My computer is right next to the living room window and for years I was creeped out by mysterious thuds just outside late at night. We have a thick stone windowsill which has become an all you can eat buffet. I did not know that the buffet was open 24/7 but I do now. Flying squirrels are not graceful in their landings This all became clear when I accidentally looked up google maps for the NE usa. Turned out it was for squirrels and there was a Huge red X on our property.

2 Likes

Midnight, not a sound from the pavement Has the moon lost her memory She is smiling alone In the lamplight

1 Like

Some sick, curious part of me still wants to watch that movie. I just haven’t decided which drug would go best with it :rofl:

1 Like

My band does a bossa version of that tune :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:joy: How does :dog: react to the :chipmunk:?

One of mine feels everything that falls into her eyes belongs to her…so that squirrel in the neighbor’s tree and that squirrel in the park are on HER property. She has zero tolerance policy against leaves in the fall too.

2 Likes

Actually Hamilton owns that award for me.

There are countess Gold Star Families and to them I extend my most sincere condolences and say I am truly sorry for your loss.

While today and tomorrow we mourn the loss of these loved ones we should also rejoice and give our thanks to God that they lived.

:us:

4 Likes

My dog is named Harley. She is an older rescue queen and our second Chi mix rescue. I am big on names and have not ever renamed my rescue dogs. I thought she was named after the motor cycle but I could not have been more wrong. Like many dogs she is a highlander dog. There Can Only Be One. They warned us at the spca not to walk her anywhere near other dogs. We listened. In the car she goes berserk if she sees another dog being walked on the street. Fifteen pounds of pure fury. She has not noticed the squirrels much, luckily for them. It is about 3 pm here in penna and something is trying to get my attention on the deep outside windowsill. Gulp. Heading out to lidl soon and I will have to get past the wall of baby ground hogs that are cute and destroying our wooden porch slowly. The catbirds are often meowing at our windowsill as they wait patiently for the black raspberries to ripen. There will be plenty for all. Our indoor cat hears the catbirds and starts meowing back at them so I get cat stereo. Hmm this may be why Harley mostly ignores the squirrels. At night the flying squirrels thud against our windowsill. They are not much for soft landings. And then the fox barks. I thought I was getting a motorcycle but she is really an acrobat so this is who she really is: https://www.dccomics.com/characters/harley-quinn

2 Likes

Lol…Harley sounds like quite the character. And with the wildlife that visit I thought I lived in a zoo…but there seems more entertainment there!

1 Like

Our last dog Ninja was unadoptable. We went to dogtown on a whim to look at the rescues. Cdc was a bit under the weather, this was before covid reared it’s ugly head and honestly he just wanted to get out of the house for a little bit. Dogtown had this beat up vinyl couch and a gate to enter. The dogs bum rushed you in a welcoming pack. We sat on that sofa and petted a few of them. One named Brussels had an infected eye scheduled for surgery. Brussels fell asleep on my lap. We managed to finally pull ourselves away but not unfortunately before I remembered the little dog kept in the blocked off cashier area by himself. Then I uttered the fatal words “we might as well see that little dog while we are here” Big mistake. The staff opened the gate and in one fluid motion Ninja jumped on my lap and started licking my face. A lot. And he smiled at me. I was helpless. I vaguely heard the nice lady say “well that’s impressive. He doesn’t like everyone.” I have never had a dog pick me. Until then. Barky nippy needed to wear a belly band in the house, big time fear aggression and food guarding etc Nine pound chi terrier mix who ninja ed my heart. Littlle psycho. Would not be picked up ever but constantly jumped on our laps. Did not like our rescue cat Simba but when he got used to Simba he humped him while Simba was eating. Often. No creature does the wtf look better than a cat. What is the name of your She Who Must Be Obeyed dog?

3 Likes

These were a life saver for sure and whoever invented them was a genius. We bought a Lot of thin maxi pads to go with. So many trips to the dollar store. Ninja had the bands in many colors and patterns and of course we called them Belly Bands of Power as each one gave him a different super power. I mean who wouldn’t? https://betterpet.com/dog-belly-band/

1 Like

LOL! This is Bagel (yeah, :bagel:). He’s very good about sharing his opinion on every topic and needs to be involved in every decision.

4 Likes

(post deleted by author)

2 Likes

Truth.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)