What’s on your mind?

Are you comfortable sharing your favorite poets and their work? I’ll share but perhaps I’ll create a new thread to cover the topic…so long as it doesn’t already exist.

She’s the only poet I know as an adult. I live on the outer Cape and she lived in Provincetown for many years. Her poetry resonated with me - I discovered her when I reached my mid-60’s.

3 Likes

I just read Facebook is planning to change its name. The rebranding announcement is predicted to come next week.

I haven’t used Facebook since the FBI came around. I swear I had no idea THAT was illegal in Thailand. :disappointed: :grimacing:

Fleecebook?

2 Likes

Fecesbook?

1 Like

Farcebook most probably

2 Likes

Frost is here. Time to bring in the sensitive plants.

2 Likes

Woke up feeling like it was a Wednesday; woke up even MORE and realized it was actually Friday. YAY!

I had had Monday and Tuesday off - although I did do some work by Slack and Email on Monday. I’m still playing catch-up, because everyone knows there is a clear correlation between the number of PTO days you take off and the shitstorm level you have to deal with when you return to the office.

BUT I’m glad it’s Friday!

7 Likes

Truth!

1 Like

Re: Actor, Director Alec Baldwin

Oh my, this made top news in Spain. Oh my how terrible …

My my … I am sure there shall be a law made regarding the use of guns and rifles on cinema sets …

Truly a tragedy.

All our deepest condolences to the family of the lady who was killed and we hope that the gentleman who was injured and in hospital shall recover.

1 Like

There are already plenty of guidelines regarding firearms on set. Reports indicate that they weren’t followed in this case.

4 Likes

Anyone changing search engines?

I’m testing Brave.

I use Brave on and off, must be a year now. But slowly going back to use Firefox.

I don’t like Google due to privacy issues, but have to admit that when doing a research on product or price, Google did a much better job than Brave. (Well, isn’t it conceived for selling us things?!). Not much information pops up in Brave. But if one is doing more academic research, Brave can be acceptable.

4 Likes

Finished watching Squid Game in 3 days!
:large_blue_circle: :small_red_triangle: :black_square_button:

3 Likes

Anyone see the interactive VanGogh event in their city? This was taken outside the cafe.

9 Likes

installed, tried, deleted Brave

be aware, it is the search engine, not the browser per se, that does the nasty tracking.

duck-duck-go does not track. the rest apparently do.
using Firefox, I changed my default search engine to duckduckgo.
I have Bing and Google as selectable alternates.

every weekend I delete all cache and cookies. does wonders for keeping browsers speedy . . .

7 Likes

Ditto on deleting cache on my work desktop. The “drag” is noticeably less at the beginning of the following week.

3 Likes

The reply is appreciated but in light of Blades privacy claims pls elaborate on the weird tracking.

Ddg is among the worst for data result set and google is the best in class at tracking. So is results or privacy your priority?

1 Like

If someone wants my life they can have it, including all my medical debts.
I would gladly start over anonymously.
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Mine is so unremarkable no one in their right mind would want it…including me.

Brave might not be tracking at the moment but i understand in the near future they will be including ads unless one pays for their ad-free track-free service. I use Safari and with google as the search engine.

2 Likes