What’s on your mind?

I would have taken a strategic nap instead.

You do realize that stuff will melt and run off eventually. So, “Let It Go”.

1 Like

Not in the mountains.
I calculate his elevation at approximately 3500 ft.

Mom’s birthday is December 23. Dad always made sure we had a cake and gifts for her on that day. And then after dinner we trimmed the tree.

Dad’s no longer with us, but we still make sure Dec 23 is its own day of celebration. Not too sure what we’ll do for her 94th this year as my sister passed last week (and she would have turned 60 this Tuesday). But I’m sure we’ll have something small and low key.

9 Likes

Yabut I think you need more than 4x that elevation to keep snow? Except at the poles, of course.

1 Like

Lol . No it won’t . It turns to perma frost .

1 Like

Nope. Both my adult children have mid to late December birthdays ( @gaffk eldest on December 23rd!) and by me, that was never allowed.

1 Like

So sorry. :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Really sorry

2 Likes

So very sorry for your loss, @gaffk.

2 Likes

Wishing you and your family comfort Kim. Very sad. May your sister RIP.

3 Likes
1 Like

I love Barbra Streisand’s rendition of the song, especially when she sings, “Touch me, it’s so EASY to leave me….”

Wow. You went WAY BACK there!

1 Like

I’m so very sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and your family.

2 Likes

My sweet Dad turned 97 today! Still living on his own despite his extreme sight and hearing deficits - what a survivor and an inspiration! Sadly, he lost his wonderful girlfriend a few days ago, and her memorial is tomorrow. :cry:
For the most part, his spirits are good, and he’s celebrating tonight at a local pizzeria with family and friends - yay Dad! :birthday: We will be in Utah to ring in the New Year with him, along with a couple large coolers of food for his freezer, and Greek pastries and other baked things to share with his friends, relatives and neighbors. Life is good. :champagne::clinking_glasses::tada:

15 Likes

I could have used this 4 weeks ago! LOL! I tried 3 of them to mixed reviews on my part.
YMMV.
Hard to believe i started the South American leg of this trip on 11/2.
My first Lomo Saltado in S America.

More importantly, my first Pisco Sour, ever.

That was a revelation.

10 Likes

Happy birthday to Lambchop’s dad! :birthday: Sounds like he’s going to have a great New Year.

Sorry for the loss of his girlfriend. But it’s wonderful that he had a good companion at this age.

5 Likes

My belated condolences and sympathy. I hope you find comfort in your low key celebration.

5 Likes

This was clean a hour ago . Reminds me of when I used to surf . Caught inside . You duck paddle underneath a wave . When coming to the surface you look up and another wave . Again you do it until you reach to the outside of the swell . Snowblower took a dive . Broken belt . I fixed it . That was amazing. I’m paddling back out for another wave to ride . Cheers. :wine_glass:

4 Likes

I’m glad I never signed up over there.

2 Likes