What’s on your mind?

Lume?

NVM. Such an American obsession.

I was wondering that myself. Maybe she hasn’t made it to our neck of the woods yet?

I’m confused. When I type in Lume it comes up deodorant.

Consider yourself lucky.:slightly_smiling_face:

I guess I should. But then I’m subjected to endless Dr. Oz for Senate ads :confounded:

1 Like

The whole idea of “intimate deodorant” is ludicrous. But then the beauty industrial complex thrives on making women feel weird about themselves or inadequate. Barf.

Where’s the taint & ball deodorant for doodz that is equally advertised?

4 Likes

Which reminds me of a commercial I kept hearing on the radio today (I know . . .I’m a dinosaur, but I was sitting outside listening to the Phils). It was for chicken made out of plants only. But they kept repeating it was chicken. But they kept repeating it was plant-based. It wasn’t a very good commercial since I don’t remember the name of the product. Then again I am obviously not a member of their target audience.

2 Likes

Believe it or not a sports radio guy in Philly had a long-running thing about the “male fragrance” his wife bought him for Christmas. Apparently the gift was a joke, but the product was real.

Another sports radio guy used to have a gig advertising “mansculpting” products. So they do exist.

ETA: The tag-line was “Clean it up down there!”

1 Like

Oh, I know about manscaping :wink:

1 Like

Get it now?:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I think that’s their main tactic. They make you feel that you don’t have something essential, and tell you that they have it for you.
I use DEO when I go somewhere because this is a warm weather country, and sweating even at slight movement is common in many areas. But I don’t think that except some floral scents any other scent would be identified as “women’s” by anyone. But companies sell them categorized as men and women. Lol.

3 Likes

Happy to report 2nd fence gate rebuild was completed yesterday with zero wasp stings this time around. Two dead wasps, though. I didn’t give them a chance. As soon as each showed up I zapped them with my sweat towel and stomped.

It’s amazing how badly this thing was initially constructed. The Z-frame at each of the corners was held together by a single angle-driven nail. Yeah, I know the planking (once installed) provides a lot of the structural support, but c’mon.

I redid all the corners with 3 inch screws and in one case, some angle bracing. They also installed the hinge hardware without drilling pilot holes, and the screws were heavy enough to crack the 2x4s, so I had to repair those as well.

1 Like

I hit a mother (literally) doe this last year. Ruined my hood, but her fat ass lived to see another day. I bet she was 200+.

That island they live on must have some pretty jumpy deer.

Something to cheer up a Tuesday :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Dang. Nice “sandwich.”

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

Got selected for the National Tour Guide Lecturer Licence course. 5 months duration. Since the only way out of the country’s current dollar quagmire is tourism, it will be promoted more than anything else. Guides will be able to make a good living when the season starts. Course fee is high, and I’m looking for someone who would give me a loan, but it’s fully worth taking it. Spending around 400usd in course fee is a good investment, considering 30usd per day guide fee and other extras that would be around 800usd per month when the season starts.
So if anyone visits Sri Lanka after 6 months, the chances are I could be your guide :sweat_smile: That’s one in a million chance though :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

You somewhere among the Central Midwestern states? People I’ve spoken with from the Northeast, PNW, generally in the West, and South have never heard of a pork tenderloin sandwich big enough for 3 buns.

Assuming it’s a tenderloin, that is…

Congratulations! I bet you could teach them! I assume this is at least government related; are all tour guides selected by the government?

2 Likes

This is from Christine s Firehouse in NKC.
KC is the western border of BPT Nation which extends eastward to Indiana.
I’ve been in the PNW since the 80s but get communiques from the Homeland occasionally.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes