What’s on your mind?

What’s on my mind is people’s self-proclaimed “awareness” about other people vs. intentional or unintentional obliviousness to their own behavior or perception thereof.

Also, that passive aggressiveness (and outright aggressiveness) and other-ing people through discussion or bullying (whether insidious or outright) is a rapidly growing and incredibly unpleasant trend on HO.

Especially when those doing it are not interested in any food discussion, so they could do it somewhere else on the Internet instead of on a food forum.

10 Likes

A post on another thread about how you can finance a $399 toaster for only $37 a month reminded me of a People’s Court episode. The defendant was accused of falling behind on his payments for an $800 dog to a pet shop. The judge had no idea you could finance an $800 dog and neither did I.

1 Like

:joy: :joy::man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I remember a funny cartoon from way back when. It showed an IRS agent seated behind his desk with a jar titled “blood of a turnip”. A trembling older couple is before him and he said.”I’m particularly proud of that one.”

1 Like

Humor helps the world go ‘round. Love it.

1 Like

Sounds like no humor at the Mall of America this afternoon either. Not safe anywhere it seems.

1 Like

“Shots fired. No victims found. Press is disappointed.”

1 Like

“The suspect fled the mall on foot and has not been identified by police. No victims have been located, according to Bloomington police. “

1 Like

Bloomington PD says it’s an “isolated incident”. :joy: I assume they meant it wasn’t a shooter actively shooting while moving through the mall but rather isolated to one business.

I don’t go to the MOA anymore, but was once so familiar I could have been a tour guide there.

1 Like

Gorgeous morning to start another great day…and toping it off - it’s Friday. Woot woot.

6 Likes

Today’s FM market materz bounty. Life’s good :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Oops. I just realized I posted about food in NAF.

Uh-oh :scream: :scream: :scream:

3 Likes

Rule #1 is don’t sweat the small stuff.
Rule #2 is it’s all small stuff.
-W. Churchill.

1 Like

I see lots of delicious tomato-centric dishes in your near future. Nice variety.

2 Likes

Claim it was a still-life portrait.

Then it’s art, not food.

Or art imitating food.

Something like that.

6 Likes

I drop anywhere between $10-20 there on a weekly basis. Their tomatoes are really, really good :slight_smile:

1 Like

giphy
+
giphy

1 Like

FYI - I heard from her and she’s taking a breather. Hoping she comes returns.

(post deleted by author)

Someone beat me to the slice of chorizo.