What’s on your mind?

You are hilarious.

1 Like

I saw that. So I reported it too. I just piled on.

2 Likes

Oo thankee. Love the story upthread about dude reporting himself to the AF.

Now that is a great use of anonymously reporting.

Since I might be in the cross hairs anyway I am extremely uncomfortable with anonymously reporting. I hate it.

I think it gives way too much power to the snitch. Er reporter.

People need to ease up on that noise. I type this out of extreme respect for all mods who don’t use beloved anime characters as their avatars. Oh ok him too.

When you report at will you are taking up the mods’ time.

Full disclosure I did report sellers of sneakers on that site that triggers bbq boy when I name it. That is the only time ever.

2 Likes

Aww it easy for me to just roll with it.

Lots of people can’t control their emotions and get offended at the drop of a hat. Consequently they want others to control their emotions for them.

2 Likes

Gold can be mined for those who dare.

Me not so much but there are braver smarter ones than I

Very shortly before our previous president got elected I learned an amazing and powerful lesson.

Voldemort was posting a lot and typed that he had spent nearly all his free time reading and researching with his finger to the wind.

This boy has put himself in the position to have plenty of free time which I find incredibly sexah btw.

Nope. Wrong. He smugly typed that voting was hardly necessary because we all knew the results that would ensue.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong. Did I mention stunningly wrong?

He had way more time than cdc but he foolishly staying within his own bubble. A bad choice.

Cdc loves to debate and he is brilliant. This lust drove him to rough sites where he realized just how very angry people were.

He got in a really bad upset mood, very uncharacteristic for him because he knew what Voldemort did not.

He did the volunteer phone work which he was excellent at so at least he tried.

Cdc’s upsetting insights were still incredible.

Voldemort is moving to Portugal. My spanish is negligible but I can at least read about his journey.

Not to push my luck with bbq boy because censoring is everywhere but his quote of the day:
You can get far in life by simply nibbling at the serendipity.

And he claims not to be an INFP

Yeah right

1 Like

Wait when did you meet my SO???

Anger is a luxury I cannot afford.

I really really miss flipping people off though.

I am too young to die

1 Like

I can actually sing well to this one.

I went to private Quaker school. I had no idea how cool my teachers were. Miss Marklin had a battery operated record player and would play Peter Paul and Mary songs for us at recess.

No control whatsoever just if we cared to sit and listen. Here is to you Miss Marklin.

https://youtu.be/ADN1lLEp3H0

2 Likes

1 Like

This is pretty deep. Making me think. Thanks a lot for making me use an underdeveloped muscle. Grr.

Sipping on some leftover red wine. Check red blend from wegmans.

Cdc works night shift so waiting for him to wake up.

Very happy and not just because of the wine smartas. I finally feel thawed out from last winter.

Harley is restless but it needs to cool down for walkies. She has this whole fur coat thing going.

Hoping to avoid cooking tonite at least til the wee hours.

It got very late here when I finally fried up that thick tenderloin. Turned out perfectly to my liking but a tad rare for cdc. Used the bodacious pan drippings to pan roast the never ending bag of red skin potatoes.
Need to feed the birds and squirrels before they break the window.

Not to mention religion but when the cardinals come at dusk they get very insistent.

Read some articles about how single people are nicer. Couples can be merciless and I tend to avoid them.

There are still a few fireflies left right before dusk and I still have tickets.

Cdc and conan are the guardians of my singlehood. We get accused of being couples. Works for me as I am weak willed

Once at wegmans cdc left me alone for fifteen minutes. I was standing alone at the buzz and I had a miserable tooth ache. It was early spring.

I was standing there looking fabulous but my mind was a blank. More than usual.

A vampire made his move much to my surprise. He started by complimenting me on my outfit which was stunning.

He cut straight to the chase telling me he was sixty years old and was that too old for me? Of course not. I think he was fresh from a break up and shopping around.

Thank god I don’t have a cell phone. I told him to come to the library on thursday if he wanted to hang out. He never showed and when I told conan he might appear he pretended to be jealous.

But seriously if I did get a bf I would have a lot less time to game with him.

I’ve always had a bad speech impediment in that I cannot say no. But I am so happy being single.

2 Likes

FB_IMG_1659580406075

Burbank 1954

5 Likes

(post deleted by author)

I am feeling emotional now. The universe or at least this one is gifting me again.

Cdc favors hawaiian shirts on sultry days and nights and tonight we went to trader joe’s.

Well you can guess what happened. Finally after joking with him about it for years.

Someone thought he worked there and asks where something was. Woot woot woot.

I can die happy now.

And they played this on my haunted radio.

So you wanna play with magic
Boy, you should know what you’re falling for
Baby do you dare to do this?
https://youtu.be/IkxIZMbOxoA

1 Like

Dunning–Kruger effect

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias whereby people with low ability, expertise, or experience regarding a certain type of a task or area of knowledge tend to overestimate their ability or knowledge. Some researchers also include in their definition the opposite effect for high performers: their tendency to underestimate their skills.

1 Like

I did see the flowers! Beautiful and, I bet, fragrant at night. I took care of the University greenhouse when in college. We had a big, night blooming “Cereus”, Epiphyllum oxypetalum, which has similar, night-blooming flowers. One afternoon, I noticed 30–40 buds, ready to open that night. I called a good friend, grabbed a six-pack and we played guitars under the big arch of flowers that night. magical.

5 Likes

They do smell sweet. Very fragrant.
But in all honesty, my favourite flower scent is that of the coffee flowers. That’s heavenly. When coffee flowers are in bloom the whole area smells spectacularly sweet. But then that smell could be too strong for some.
If you don’t mind me asking, are you a biology related expert? If yes, then I may have a lot of plants and flowers to show you. Things that grow in this part of the world. i always take a picture when I see something beautiful.

6 Likes

National Shredded Wheat Day

4 Likes

My degree is in Biology, but most of my life has been studying plants of all sorts. “Expert” is for someone else to decide, not me; I’m still learning.

Mmm… coffee! They make many delicious aromas!

2 Likes

This dude is my hero: Carl Linnaeus. I have never seen my absolute favorite flower in the wild. Have you?

2 Likes

I feel seen. I was a very early talker and have not shut up since.

My dad told me the first word I said was shoe when I crawled into my parents’ bedroom.

1 Like

Such a relief to see mansplaining continue to be a lasting trend :joy: