What’s on your mind?

Alot on my mind . Forgot to put water in the bialletti. Smelled something a little different when making coffee. I’ll be ordering a new gasket for it .

2 Likes

That so sounds like something i would do…
I retired my little Bialetti but my fancy Illy machine was not playing its A-game this year.
I may break out the Bialetti when i get home again.
I am in the land of Flat Whites right now.

2 Likes

Even pizzerias in Romania make jokes about pineapple on pizza. My little corner of Canada, where Hawaiian pizza was invented by Greek immigrant (Sam Panopoulos- I went to university with his nephew, so y’all are 3 degrees of separation from the Inventor of Hawaiian pizza), is known around the world.

2 Likes

FB_IMG_1672527021636

10 Likes

Tempus fugit.

I can’t believe it’s no longer 2022…

3 Likes

I for one am happy to see the last of 2022. Here’s a new thread for the new year.

6 Likes

Me too - good riddance to 2022, wishing for a better 2023!!

6 Likes

And…

7 Likes

OMG - too funny, but exactly the way I feel.

1 Like

A group of guide course students is climbing the Adam’s Peak today. They invited me but I said no as I wanted to rest a bit after the exam-it was held yesterday and the day before. Approximately 1 hour to midnight now. They must be halfway to the summit. I wish I had joined them.

7 Likes

Hope all went well with the exam!

2 Likes

Yes Kim thanks, I think I got more than average marks. But it’s a very gray area because we never get the marked answer scripts back to check. So they can do whatever they wish. Lol. It’s a very strange place, and quite different from what I expected. Still I have hopes.

3 Likes

Sounds stressful. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

1 Like

Exactly the situation is that. On 17th we have the technical tour. 5 days. It should be enjoyable but I will find it all stressful without knowing whether I will pass or not. I mean if it’s a fair game then I’ll pass for sure. No doubt whatsoever. But with their selective justice I only have hope and stressful waiting. Lol.
I’ll post here what happens.

7 Likes

Well I hope the game is fair and you succeed. Please let us know how you make out.

1 Like
3 Likes

https://www.kansascity.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/cityscape/article271361802.html

1 Like

Having bought French fries and a mixed drink from a vending machine (in Montreal and Tokyo, respectively), why the hell not?

3 Likes

Five day technical tour ended last evening. Slept the whole day today.
It was fun, I mean we made it fun. Every evening after dinner we had a secret party, about 10 of us. Another group had their own secret party. Lol. We sang and danced and drank and teased each other…
Every evening we swam until dark. Then dinner and then our parties. Last day we had a get together, ate, drank, and sang. Everyone including two the lecturers.
We showed the lecturers how to have fun, and how to enjoy life. :rofl:

10 Likes

That does sound fun :partying_face: And well-deserved!

1 Like