What’s for Dinner #52 - the Continuous Feasts Edition- December 2019

Oh my, this looks soooo good!

1 Like

My recovery is coming along very well. I walked 3 miles on the treadmill today. I try to walk about 2 1/4 miles during the work week. The operation definitely helped my initial problem. I no longer feel the pain shooting down my leg or numbness in my toes. I have some pain in my right hip area, which might be osteoarthritis. The doctor prescribed some anti inflammatory drug for that. I will resume physical therapy next week. Thank you for asking :relaxed:

9 Likes

I spent 4 hours today in the gray, misty, foggy weather doing errands…

Yankee Swap gift for work, gifts for coworkers, and a bit of food shopping. Traffic was NUTS. But I’m done, except for my Christmas Day dinner. Tired me out, so other stuff will have to wait until tomorrow.

Southern-style country pork ribs with a pork rub and apple cider BBQ sauce, steamed potatoes with butter, rosemary and thyme, and broccoli.

Wine. And probably ice cream. And probably cheesy movies.

And Alfie grooming Finn. Whether Finn liked it or not.

23 Likes

cute !
But I am allergic to cats!

2 Likes

Sometimes you just take it easy
Green salad

Lasagna brought over by the nanny next door, just because…she probably made too much, but who am I to look a gift nanny in the mouth.

14 Likes

We had another outstanding dinner at Bloom in Verona, NJ. Details and pictures are in the link below for anyone that might be interested.

3 Likes

Chorizo & egg tacos, with the not-proverbial shit-ton of serranos, cilantro, and scallions sauteed in. Quickled shallots, sour cream and habanero sauce to top. I used 4 eggs and thought I’d made too much, but the BF finished off the pan.

15 Likes

Pure comfort. Oven fried chicken with Mae ploy sweet chili sauce. Sides. Cheers.

13 Likes

drooling and i’m stuffed from dinner. must make this.

2 Likes

Lovely nanny!

1 Like

Fall temps have fled the Upper Midwest so it’s time to start with bracing dinners here in our locale.

DW found a box of Betty Crocker Loaded Casserole Potatoes in the pantry. I added the mushrooms. She also contributed a very tasty meatloaf. Lots of cold sandwiches in our future, too.

13 Likes

Lasagna with meat sauce, ricotta, mozzarella and parmigiano reggiano. Served with Chianti.

11 Likes

Low carb copycat version of Olive Garden’s zuppa Toscana (i.e. the only thing worth eating at Olive Garden). Bacon, Italian sausage, shallots, garlic and kale, plus rich homemade chicken stock, half and half and lots of black pepper. Topped with copious amounts of Parmigiano reggiano. Would have been better with a big hunk of bread, but that would defeat the purpose of the low carb makeover! :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Thai Panang Curry Chicken

Brown 3 cut up chicken breasts in coconut oil and Evoo, as well as 4 medium potatoes and a 4 carrots in my wok.
Deglazed the wok with Shao Xing wine
In a separate Le Braiser, Creuset
I add 13.5 ounces of the lighter part of the coconut milk and half a bottle of the 7 ounce of maesri red curry paste( I used to buy the 4 ounce one that comes in a can but could not find it so used the 7 ounce in a jar) , to a Le Creuset braising pot, let it simmer in medium heat until oil was rendered .
Then I added the browned chicken and vegetables to the le Creuset braising pot,Add bay leaf, the zest and juice of 2 limes( had a Meyer Lemon from my garden ready to add but did not need to use it to substitute for amir leaves and lemongrass as they are not readily available in my grocery ), Grind some black pepper and 2 tablespoon of Indonesian satay sauce. When chicken was tender, I added the reserved coconut cream, let it thicken a bit.

I did not have any vegetables in fridge, so opened a can of green beans, but think the beans are too soft and so, will just eat it as a side dish. There is a lot of gravy ( ?) so, it will be great with rice.

Not willing to go out and get garnish as it is darn cold and raining! It will do as long as it taste good.

Taste pretty good with rice. I guess this is my meal for the next 2-3 days

13 Likes

Tyler Florence’s hunter’s minestrone adding green beans and leftover grilled zucchini. A little bit of shell pasta to entice the kiddo.

15 Likes

Panang red curry chicken
Forgot I added tons of garlic, ginger and precooked caramelized onions

6 Likes

I love the before and after pictures ccj! Looks amazing - enjoy the next three days

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: What do you do with saffron?

@ccj Nice tutorial.

A quiet day.
Patriots won. :+1:

Marinated a couple of BISO chicken breasts in a buttermilk mixture noted in the recipe below. Only marinated for about 8 hours, and while it was moist, there wasn’t much flavor, even after adding Aleppo pepper. My search continues for a good buttermilk marinade.

Rice pilaf and roasted Brussels sprouts with Penzeys Tuscan Sunset and s/p.

Wine.

18 Likes