What’s for Dinner #31 - The Blustery Month Edition - March '18

No cooking tonight…running errands with the college jr while he is home.
We ended up at a favorite BBQ joint for take out.
This the last of the 6 bone memphis rib dinner, mashed, cucumber salad and corn bread. Grabbed some of their tangy sauce. Was as good as always. Nice cook on the ribs, not falling off the bone. Love the cucumber salad. Nice touch of summer!. My husband will finish this off when he is home and I will have the cornbread for breakfast.

8 Likes

Just a burger and fries

10 Likes

I’ve been in the mood for meatloaf sandwiches so baked the meatloaf tonight. Served with mashed potatoes (misguided past TJ frozen purchase), blistered green beans and a pickled tomato/cuke/onion salad.

Two freezer items removed this week!

7 Likes

Sorry to hear about your nasty fall! I hope you’re fully recouperated. There is something satisfying about eating from the freezer. I haven’t tried the TJs regular frozen mashed potatoes (maybe they have dairy?) but the frozen sweet potatoes are literally just sweet potatoes and come in handy for a quick soup

Impromptu late mexican lunch with mom while she was waiting for them to fix her tire (apparently there was a small nail in it making it leak), random local spot and had a fantastic vegan (!) salad situation- I LOVE all the fresh produce here and just can’t get enough. It had refried black beans, nopales, bell pepper, pico de gallo, guacamole, and who knows what else.
Not so hungry for dinner, there was wine first with dad. Mom and dad weren’t that hungry either so i made us all avocado toast with the new loaf of seedy bread. Half an avocado per big slice. A fried egg with runny yolk on top for mom n dad (dad is the egg cooking pro here) and just hemp seeds and lemon juice for mine. Missed the photo op but apparently took a photo of the rest of the loaf. A fat slice will be breakfast with almond butter and fresh raspberries i like to semi smoosh on top

Someone was looking for attention at my feet, he eats earlier than we doimage

10 Likes

Thanks! Half my upper torso looks like a damson plum. Off pain meds but still sore, stiff and slow moving. Getting a lot of paperwork done, finding ancient recipe clippings that make you wonder what on earth you were thinking!

California must be heavenly after this winter in NYC. Enjoy your visit.

5 Likes

Kind of cooked tonight. Leftover teriyaki chicken thighs in Trader Joe’s
vegetable fried rice with a little soy sauce. And some wine.
Have a good weekend!

6 Likes

Glad you’re feeling a bit better

1 Like

Baaahaaahaahhhh!!! I’ve had the same WTF? thoughts when I dug out the recipe clippings/printings on my coffee table. :smiley:

2 Likes

Late arrival at home. Quick dinner of Rana Roasted Chicken and Garlic Ravioli with Mushroom-Bacon Cream Sauce. Rana pasta is VERY good.

Wine as the side dish.

9 Likes

I like the side dish. Cheers.

3 Likes

I think the crazy clippings are a nod to a fantasy of a different lifestyle. I seldom bake and never bake bread. My life doesn’t lend itself to elaborate morning meals. Yet there were dozens upon dozens of clippings from those categories.

Cheaper than buying a pair of crazy red 6" high heeled designer shoes that will never get worn!

4 Likes

Meatloaf sandwich!

Topped with melted provolone and an interesting sprout mixture from Lidl, a little mayo and balsamic ketchup. Carrot sticks on the side.

No wine 'cos I’m still tippy enough as it is!

7 Likes

Thank you. That “help I’ve fallen and I can’t get up” gizmo is starting to have some appeal…

1 Like

I’m a pretty conservative skiier lol but im not bad at it considering how much metal is in my knee. I leave the tricks to the kids but they are fun to watch they have no fear. Our mountains here in PA are not much but still fun Im hungry to get back to a big hill though. It’s soo cold and wintery here right now it’s hard to belive the season is at end.

1 Like

Got up to the mountain late just threw together a 1 pot pilaf like thing with italian sausage white beans and quinoa. Shopping for dinner in your own cupboard while packing the car on a friday feels alot like the show “Chopped” lol at least i remembered the wine. Determined to eek the most i can out of the ski season no work again this weekend just play.

8 Likes

My last home cooked meal in my home town. Eggs ,chard , and cottage cheese. Wine to drink.:wine_glass:Cheers. Exit stage left. That’s all folks.

:rabbit2:

14 Likes

Nice looking potatoes and juicy burger, @Scubadoo97.

@Ttrockwood, every time I look at the dog’s face my mind think it’s painted. :rofl:

@emglow101, it’ll be bitter-sweet when you come back for a visit. You can always move back (hah hah).

1 Like

Yesterday: mashed potatoes, apple sauce (I like my soft and chunky, not baby food), and blood sausage. It’s a very typical meal in the far west of Germany.

Today was oven roasted turbot. (Face looks as if it’s depressed or hates me)

A big one. We couldn’t finish all of it.

Gratuitous photo of my resident robin (before it snowed again). It’s back to cold and snowy this weekend.

9 Likes

Thanks. I have to admit the bun was a weak component in the dish