What’s Everyone (who celebrates) Doing for Easter?

Hello All!

My Easter weekend this year is going a bit different than it normally would. I have been suffering from some pretty serious health issues for the past few months, and I’m not up for making the trip home or for having a lot of guests. My mom is here and we’ve decided we’re going to make some decadent nachos simply because, well, they’re simple.

So, I would love to live vicariously through you all. Tell me what you guys are cooking up this weekend, be it traditional, non-traditional, or anything in between.

Wishing everyone a very happy weekend :blush:

5 Likes

I bought a ham, but I doubt anyone else wants to eat it.

4 Likes

Just the two of us this year. I cooked a big (on sale) ham awhile back, so not in the mood for that. Probably take two ribeyes out of the freezer in the morning and throw a couple of potatoes in the oven later on. In the meantime, he’ll mow and I’ll weed eat. Then we’ll kick back with a cocktail or two and admire our yard work. And that’s about it.:slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Curious about your thoughts on Wild Fork in general. One just opened near me in February, but I haven’t had a chance to go yet.

We don’t celebrate Easter but did have a nice spring dinner for two at home last night consisting of lamb chops, herbed baby creamer potatoes and asparagus with hollandaise. We have reservations for an early lunch tomorrow at a favorite restaurant - Sunday is our “go out for lunch” day. We like to have seafood when we go there - they have a nice menu.

6 Likes

That sounds lovely. Hope you guys have a wonderful lunch tomorrow!

2 Likes

Wasn’t going to cook but my college son fractured his ankle so is unexpectedly home.
We are going to do a standing rib roast, mashed potatoes, green beans, deviled eggs and popovers.
Strawberry cake for dessert.

8 Likes

Sounds fantastic. Hope your son is on the mend soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Happy Easter and weekend to you and yours! Hopefully your health issues will resolve, and you will be back to feeling better, cooking, and being able to travel for holidays. It’s good your mom is there with you!
I’m solo for tomorrow, but when my H gets home, we will celebrate Greek Easter a week from tomorrow. We’ll be having some sort of appetizer, spanakopita, roasted lamb leg, pilaf probably, and asparagus, maybe a Greek Salad too. DD2 will probably bring a fruit tart from Alison Roman’s new dessert cookbook.
Enjoy your nachos and the day tomorrow. :rabbit2::hatching_chick:

6 Likes

Eggs with Hollandaise and smoked salmon for breakfast.

I’m making lamb Barbacoa for Easter dinner.
This one calls for orange juice, rosemary, oregano

Purchased Colomba (Easter bread) from Eataly.

Purchased Jamocha Almond cake.

6 Likes

my partner is going to her sister’s to celebrate Easter. I’ll be going to see the very silly looking Dungeons and Dragons movie, because I like that sort of thing. I am debating where to go for lunch before hand… cheap sushi? cheap chinese? roast beef sandwich? Korean fried chicken? Pho?

5 Likes

I’ve pared it down to…crab & asparagus quiche, green salad with even greener goddess dressing, maybe home wrangled sourdough gatlic bread and lemon cheesecake bars to finish it off. This’ll blow my blood test on Tueday out of bounds. Oh, I had to clean out two partial jars of almond butter from the fridge and made almond butter cookies. Easter brunches here have turned into Easter menu items, no buffets anymore. Mimosas, no champagne. $45+ for adults.

5 Likes

Hope the movie is good. It has Hugh Grant so I’m inclined to believe it will be at least somewhat entertaining lol.

1 Like

Thank you! Enjoy your day as well. Your meal for Greek Easter sounds lovely :blush:

1 Like

I’ll be doing what I do every day…try to take over the world! ( Via online gaming). Meanwhile for us it’ll be lamb-chops, mashed pot, asparagus & prob ice cream for dessert.

3 Likes

I’m sorry about your health issues, but decadent nachos sound great!

Our heathen household doesn’t celebrate any religious holidays, but uses them as a great ‘excuse’ for festive meals. Lamb loin & shoulder chops from our lamb share have been marinating since yesterday morning and will be grilled. I made fasoulakia yesterday as well cuz that dish is better reheated, and my PIC will contribute his buttery pilaf. I invited a good friend to dinner as it is her birthday, and I couldn’t fathom her being home alone for that. No way! She doesn’t eat lamb, so presumably she’ll bring some grillables for herself. We should probably get/make a nice, celebratory dessert.

4 Likes

Easter today

14 Likes

No kids or grandkids this Easter, so dog, husband and I will take a walk on the beach then come home and eat grilled boneless skinless chicken thighs (with TJ’s excellent coffee garlic rub), big green salad with produce bought at Santa Barbara’s Saturday farmer’s market and watch the newest episode of Succession! And there will be some wine.

6 Likes

Holy cannoli!

2 Likes

We had the big dinner last night. Easter started early with an egg hunt and then the kids ate candy while the adults had coffee and made and ate devilled eggs. Aftet another candy break we all ate an ala carte brunch with bacon sausage, eggs to order, waffles, english mufins and croissants. Then we took the dogs and kids to the park and walked it off!

4 Likes