What is our group identity here on Hungry Onion?????

Olive Juice! (Not really since I don’t know you at all, but hopeful you get it)

Onion soupers! By the way, these stews are very good for 4 am in the morning!

hb, i just have to… there is no “ay” sound in “hecho.” it’s “eh-choh” - “eh” like in “eh-lephant”

the only way you’d make an “ay” sound in Spanish would be using “e” and “i” together - “ei.” as in 'aceite" - oil.

sorry to be picky, but this bit of spanish language mispronunciation has always killed me, and it’s not like you all can’t say it right. they’re just teaching you wrong!

2 Likes

I’m down with HOs, if we have to be anything.

It takes a village. :slight_smile: Appreciate knowing how to pronounce things correctly in any language, so thank you.

1 Like

@mariacarmen

Thank you for the pronunciation correction! I was taught high school Spanish by Social Studies teachers with thick Long Island accents who were re-purposed to teach Spanish. We suspected they were lousy teachers in general, and learned that they were also lousy Spanish teachers when they were unable to communicate with waiters on a class field trip to a Spanish restaurant. (perhaps their worst offense was letting The unadventurous class order only french fries, while I dined on paella with the teachers. Incidentally, they pronounced the L’s in paella!)

4 Likes

My vote is for Rapscallions :wink:

3 Likes

I’ll second “Rapscallions”!

1 Like

On a slight tangent, on a thread from the New England board, @Morganna suggested “spring onion” as an alternative to “chow pup” when I apologized for not being able to shake CH nomenclature when referring to mini me. I thought that was fun.

4 Likes

Late to the party, here.
So, what happened w/this? Agree that a ‘handle’ is a good idea to spread the word.

Sidebar: am a designer and the branding thing drives me batshit crazy, drags every nuanced idea through the tiny, tiny sieve of the marketer’s brain. . . that being said, I love HOs, gets at the flavor of all y’all rebels. Will it help HUNGRY ONION grow longterm? Dunno.

Hunyons = warm n fuzzy. Also kind of strange. Points! (freak. Can’t remember if it’s hunions or hunyions or hunyons . . . . doesn’t matter to me, like.)
Rapscallions: Echoes of GWTW. (Scarlett! Surely you do not intend to entertain that . . . . that. . . ) :smile:
My two cents

1 Like

Chowverts? Seriously I don’t think we need a name

I said this way upthread: I’m mostly with you – the only “need” I see is a shorthand for “those
of us reading and posting on this forum”. Hunions (or Hounds) is
definitely a lot shorter and easier.

Hunions. Or bunions that my spell check kept defaulting to is a okay with me

Then they moved to Vallejo.

1 Like

Hungkies.