What have you purchased recently off the internet. Food wise . Or pots , pans . Etc.

Just bought this vegan chicken salt from Savory Spice. I cook a lot of chicken so I thought I’d give it a whirl. It would probably be good on tater tots and various roasted vegetables as well. Anyone tried this one or another brand?

1 Like

I believe in using the right tool for the job and nonstick is an essential tool for me. That particular one is an All Clad12” D5. I also have their D5 nonstick in a 9 and 10.5 omelette. Excellent pans in my opinion.

If you’re looking for a good nonstick you might check into the Anolon brand. I found them to be an excellent choice.

3 Likes

I bought these (something close, they weren’t quite this much) 6 years ago and the coating is still perfect. I’m careful not to use the on fully high heat or with metal utensils.

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/calphalon-elite-3-piece-fry-pan-saute-pan-set/?sku=3747623&cm_ven=PLA&cm_ite=3747623&cm_cat=Google&cm_pla=Local&gclid=CjwKCAjwhOyJBhA4EiwAEcJdccYwIB4UAE5iQ5KXyQLENT5La7Hjx8HHSSwdUA2-S75Qj65zMdKrIhoCjxoQAvD_BwE

3 Likes

Thanks to a post on another food site, I scored with 29-pounds of Ranch Gordo beans at 60% off (so about $2.40 per pound) due to a going-out-of-business sale:

I also sent a package of RG beans, plus assorted sauces and spices, to family (plus ordered a box for myself, but no photo of those items) as a result of that sale.

9 Likes

Update - I love this stuff! So far I’ve used it on roasted chicken and vegetables, baked potatoes, and popcorn. It’s now my go-to seasoning blend.

1 Like

if you want a good non-stick pan, by far the best I’ve used that have truly lasted are Scanpan cookware (Danish brand). They are not inexpensive pans, but they are the one brand that I’ve had truly last more than even a 2-3 years. I have one sautee pan that’s been working well for me for almost 10 years, and it’s still good from a non-stick perspective. It also (surprisingly) sears and browns food better than other non-stick pans I’ve used.

1 Like

I bought more crystal and some Misen steak knives online. All arrived intact and happy with the purchases.

1 Like

I lost my discounted source for my favorite high quality flavored olive oil due to Covid so I’ve switched to Colavita brand garlic-infused via Amazon. I’m telling myself that garlic is such a strong flavor that the quality difference in the underlying oil isn’t that critical. So far it’s been working just fine. It doesn’t hurt that the price is around 30% of what the good stuff used to cost me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yes, I have quite a few scan pans that are 5-10 years old and agree with you. My only complaint is that a couple of them have developed wobbly handles.

1 Like

Really? Bummer. I’ve been lucky – my pan is still holding strong! I also have two pots and those are doing great too – no jiggly-ness yet. fingers crossed

1 Like

DH buys a trio of cheap teflon skillets every once in a while. The 10" one gets scratched up and so he buys another trio. So I just got him a Le Creuset 11" nonstick skillet for Christmas and if he uses metal utensils on it I will personally thrash him.

3 Likes

Farberware used to be one of the biggies as far as home kitchens go back in te day. Not as much any more, but I think it’s still a decent brand, and in fact just got a couple of FW sink strainers at a Big Lots, which had a whole Farberware aisle. The products looked pretty good to me.

1 Like

Food wise, Duke’s Mayo, and dried habanero chile powder. Will place order tomorrow for various Washington State lentils, grown in the Palouse, as well as some local sea salt blends from the San Juan Islands sea salt company. Good stuff.

Kitchen cookware and tools for gifts - All Clad 10 inch frying pan with lid, a SS fish spatula and spider.

2 Likes

Myself . 48 month aged Parmigiano reggiano from Italy. It’s going through customs at the moment arriving in February . Bob’s red mill polenta , 2 year aged Parmigiano reggiano. Duck fat . Had to order some more. Bag of Turkish bay leaves . Dried mushrooms from France . Am I forgetting something. More than likely. Cheers .:wine_glass: Meanwhile I am watching Under The Tuscan Sun . For the umpteenth time .

2 Likes

Yum! Need to get stocked up on the important stuff, now that it’s winter in the mountains! Enjoy!

2 Likes

We’re halfway through our annual 2#'s of See’s Nuts and Chews.
I ordered some salamis from Olympia Provisions for the first time - have not tried them yet. https://www.olympiaprovisions.com/collections/salami-samplers/products/french-sampler
Bought some French chocolate covered cherries to have as a treat on Christmas Eve https://www.vermontcountrystore.com/french-griottes-with-cognac/product/81748
And also these chocolate -covered Spanish fig truffles infused with Contreau https://www.vermontcountrystore.com/dark-chocolate-figs-2-boxes/product/H4841
I’m surprising my husband with a 2nd Shun knife, a 7" Santoku
https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/shun-premier-blonde-seven-inch-santoku-knife/?pkey=s~shun%20knives~191&sbkey=default
And also bought him a covered glass dish to store an organic Irish butter we’ve recently discovered https://www.surlatable.com/european-glass-butter-dish/PRO-1788595.html

3 Likes

My NY resolution is to learn to make espresso (latte & cappuccino) at home so I ordered these yesterday.

Acadia Lunar Scale

Ascaso i-mini grinder

1 Like

Yemen and Vietnamese coffee beans, fresh milled flours, dried wheat berries and a Mexican chocolate.

1 Like

I’ve been sick, ended up in the hospital. Home now. Doing some armchair shopping. Because of HO , I ordered some charcuterie before Christmas from Olympia Provisions (I got their French Sampler). But now I can’t get to a decent store to buy anything to go with it - so I just put in an order with Murray’s Cheese. Keeping my fingers crossed…

I ordered 1/2 lb. each of Champignon Cambozola Black Label, Colston Bassett Stilton, Bleu Mont Dairy Bandaged Cheddar, and Pyrenees Brebis. Also Marcona Almonds and Three Little Figs French Onion Confit.

Will have to send DH out for a baguette, a few pears and some grapes and wine…

6 Likes

Hope you’re fully recovered soon, but in the meantime, do enjoy your goodies.

3 Likes