What have you been watching lately?

Gonna miss André Braugher and his work. What an accomplished actor, who also did a comedic turn in Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Brought us joy.

2 Likes

Frank Pemberton will be remembered as one of the best tv characters of all time.

5 Likes

Last episode has a cameo from Lance Reddick who also passed away recently. Very sad, he was great as rhe police chief in the original Bosch run.

3 Likes

Also in the last season of the Good Fight.

1 Like

The very good Leave the World Behind on Netflix with a great cast (Mahershala Ali, Kevin Bacon, Ethan Hawke, Julia Roberts, et al). Don’t read up on it, just watch.

Just finished the very entertaining Charley Varrick (1973), directed by the great Don Siegel, starring Walter Matthau as the titular hero, ably supported by Andrew “Zodiac” Robinson, Joe Don “Buford Pusser” Baker, John “Dean Wormer” Vernon, Norman Fell, Sheree North, and William Schallert among others. Find it on Tubi!

1 Like

I enjoyed watching him in ‘The Wire’.

1 Like

‘Cook’s Country’, Stuffed Turkey Wings ghis afternoon.
We’ve been on a ‘Whose Line Is It Anyway’ jag at night, lately.

1 Like

Watching Shetland’s newest 3 episodes

I’ve never been compelled to post/read this thread because I don’t watch anything these days. But the death of Andre Braugher compelled me to post, as @Desert-Dan @tomatotomato @anaxgorous and @BobfromRIinVA have already done.

This might get me back into TV watching (or streaming or whatever it’s called now). May have to re-watch Homicide and watch Brooklyn 9-9.

Sidebar— Does anyone miss just watching TV? My 9-year-old gets annoyed by ads but he’s never watched network TV as I and my husband experienced it back in the Stone Ages.

4 Likes

Other than football and the local weather, I’ve given up on Network & Cable TV. I got into a HUGE fight with my cable company when they raised the rates mid-contract. I removed “the box” and delivered it to them for immediate cancellation. I think that was 5 or 6 years ago… don’t miss them or that horrible bill they sent me every month.
Sunshine and I use ROKU devices to stream what we want. I mainly stream youtube video(s) that I’m interested in (cooking & travel). I will stream car repair & appliance repair video(s) as needed. Sunshine likes streaming old games shows on BUZZR (Pluto TV) and watching DVD’s she gets from the library.

1 Like

Delightful pleasure to see Ashley Jensen and Phyllis Logan join this season’s cast.

1 Like

Brilliant, just brilliant – casting two big name Scots to make up for another’s departure:

2 Likes

So sad. His dramatic work was well-known, but his comedic turn in Brooklyn Nine-Nine was genius, standalone and as a foil. One of our pandemic pleasures.

2 Likes

I miss Law & Order always being on on some channel any time of day or night.

1 Like

I think Pluto TV may have a “Law and Order” channel or maybe its called the “Crime Drama” channel… Not sure, but may be worth checking out.

1 Like

Just watched Ford vs Ferrari for the umpteenth time. What a great flick!

1 Like

A Christmas Horror Story with Bill Shatner. Didn’t suck, surprisingly!

Did anyone besides me watch Willy’s 90th birthday bash on cbs? I’m not a c&w fan but I adore Willy. 'Twas a blast.

Great show!!! When we see a show like that, in our area, we always wonder how you would be able to get tickets.

1 Like