What have you been watching lately?

I liked it quite a bit, but then I like crime and detective shows. They have a bit of trouble with trying to give him relationships of various types and fill out other characters around, but the stories are good. I like some of the peripheral characters quite a bit. There’s 2 seasons of Legacy when you’re done with the original series.

1 Like

Just watched a fairly controversial (among movie buffs) film last night – Quentin Tarantino’s Deathproof. It was moderately entertaining but for me it’s near the bottom of the QT oeuvre.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

Good to know. Thank you.

A very good Swedish mini series on Netflix An Nearly Normal Family. Great acting, especially the main character.

2 Likes

Not my choice, the roomate is watching ‘The Outlaw Josey Wales’. Time to go to my work room and put on the radio.

2 Likes

Wait, you don’t like Clint Eastwood westerns? Haven’t seen this one in a long while, so maybe this is my cue to rewatch… :slight_smile: I did see Unforgiven again not so long ago and liked it a lot (again).

These days I watch very little TV except for news

These days I watch a lot of TV except for the news.

3 Likes

I’m watching too, was pleasantly surprised how good it is.

1 Like

Oh, I used to be a big fan, especially with the spaghetti westerns and later with Grand Torino. I have just gotten tired of shoot 'em ups and blood and gore. Fuzzy baby animals and nature shows are the thing now.

1 Like

Finished the incredibly satisfying ending of the very good A Nearly Normal Family on Netflix, then vuelven (Tigers Are Not Afraid on Prime about kids orphaned by cartel wars - magical realism and great acting, again.

1 Like

I also finished A Nearly Normal Family last night and was satisfied with the ending. Beef, no so much.

1 Like

Looking forward to catching this once it’s available for streaming. Has anyone seen it yet?

1 Like

Also, this is brilliant ICYMI.

3 Likes

From Masterpiece button on Prime Video:

1 Like

Nice article on Serpico, which I now want to rewatch.

It’s funny, because I have just rewatched two other movies on police corruption.

First The Year of the Dragon, the 1985 Mickey Rourke movie. Great shots of New York, and some very memorable scenes, though as a movie a bit too long. Fantastic performance by John Lone.

And second, The Negotiator (1998), in which Kevin Spacey manages to steal a lot of scenes from Samuel L Jackson. Good movie.

Finally, I watched (for the first time ever) the 1958 movie The Big Country, with Gregory Peck. Really surprised how good it was, very enjoyable still. This movie was on amazon prime’s titles that will be gone in 30 days, somehow a great incentive for me to watch! Another classic film I’ve recently seen because of this was Witness for the Prosecution, Billy Wilder’s 1957 courtroom drama, another great classic.

4 Likes

Andre Braugher dead at 61.
Andre Braugher

I remember watching him on this Police Drama “Homicide, Life on the Streets” and “Men of a Certain Age”… Very Sad

3 Likes

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

1 Like

Watching Bosch Legacy. I miss California.

1 Like