What have you been watching lately?

Currently catching up on season 1 (and maybe 2 if we like it enough) of “Party Down.” I’d never heard of it, but the NYT did a little thing on the 3rd season coming out soon. I like most of the peeps in the cast, i…e Lizzie Caplan, Adam Scott, Jane Lynch, and it’s harmlessly entertaining humor.

It’s originally from 2009/10 and is about a catering company and their various gigs.

2 Likes

Rewatching Yellowstone Season 3. Going back to Cali is one of the best scenes.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fe05EYFlMLk

As an aside, we stayed at a hotel last night with cable. Watched two shows called Yellowstone Wardens and Louisiana Law. Both shows are an absolute embarrassment to their respective states.

2 Likes

Finished watching the Glass Onion. Good entertainment. Structure is very similar to that of The Hateful Eight.

I’m one episode into 1923! So far, so good - really wonderful television. Much better than most of the newer movies I’ve seen recently.

Very old school Hollywood with expensive budgets and beautiful photography, and more colourful and ‘richer’ than 1883 so far.

1 Like

Thanks (?) to @Lectroid for the nudge to watch “Mandy,” which we finally did yesterday. I almost gave up on it after about 40 minutes of nothing, but sortakinda glad I waited it out.

Bizarre, and yes, VERY Nic Cagey :scream: :rofl:

1 Like
1 Like

That guy takes/films some safety risks! I’m doing lots of cringing. I was thinking of this one.

Is my cringing just a United States thing? Maybe because some of us give and get health care “privately”?

But apparently it’s not just me. ( I love the image of the Cotswold in Agatha Raisin!)

I have a great deal of respect for the risk one takes putting all their eggs in an agriculture “basket”, no matter the country.

Still watching!

1 Like

I will be watching season 2 tonight without subtitles. Looking forward to watching it .

1 Like

Yeah I saw them all, and more. I watched the whole season. I was wondering why he was promoting careless unsafe stunts like that. He also peels his thumb to the bone in the kitchen. That kind of unsafe action in my opinion is very wrong. But again, it could encourage people to use safety precautions showing what happens otherwise.
Anyway for him it’s just a helicopter ride away to get treated. Lol.
I would have loved to see a few more seasons of the show but according to the current situation come up due to his behaviour Amazon has cancelled a fourth season I hear. Also his Grand Tour will end after next season as Amazon will be cutting all ties with him. What a way to end a successful career.

1 Like

I am enjoying the second season . No subtitles. It reminds me very much when i was in Austria and Germany with my girlfriend who was born in Austria. For five weeks i sat at the table listening to the local dialect. No English. Eating and drinking the local food . The best was sitting at a table in a gasthaus in a very small village in Austria in the kitchen. I was told i was the only American ever to sit at the table .Privileged . Heck yea . I called this whole adventure. TABELING .Watching this reminds me of that .

2 Likes

No cringing, but that’s because any damage done to that c*** is justice imo. Why he’s still given a platform is beyond me.

1 Like

Anyone see Woman King now on Netflix ?

Kinda corny in parts but some entertaining adult viewing and certainly transported to another time and place. I liked it. Lashana lynch viola Davis and the cast were badass !

2 Likes

I’m with you on this. I loved the old Top Gear and thought JC’s character of a fusty old grump was amusing, when played off May’s more ‘proper’ formalism and Hammond’s gee whiz kid energy.

Then it began to emerge that it was not, in fact, a character. He wasn’t just playing at being casually racist and self involved.

I got one and a bit episodes into Farm before I quit. Knowing he was actually being an ass to real people, all for some ridiculous hobby farm he doesn’t really want or need, while they’re all trying to make an actual living…

I’m glad he’s losing platforms. It’d be nice if no one published his columns either, but so long as Rupert Murdoch exists, gross old men will always have a place to show their whole ass in public.

1 Like

Which show are you referring to? Your reply is to shrinkrap, but they’re mentioning a British show.

Not British. The dinner club on Amazon prime . Italy

Well, now I’m even more confused since you mentioned Austria and Germany.

Guess I’ll check out the Dinner Club.

I enjoyed it too. Daughter and I wanted to take a class!

1 Like

I snuck in a comment about The Dinner Club when I got an email about the new release.

2 Likes

sums it up.

like on the history or on martial arts/weapons/badassery?

i loved how those ropes came into play later in the movie that was awesome!