What have you been watching lately? 2024 Edition

I’m all for DEI, and believe with all my heart that representation matters, but when you feel like you’re the token, the dynamic shifts dramatically.

1 Like

I watched the first episode of The Regime yesterday. I love Kate Winslet, so I will continue…but for now I am mostly confused :smile: It is Stephen Frears, after all.

I felt the same way.

1 Like

The scene where she, um, “sings” had me in stitches, tho.

2 Likes

It’s weird but I have high hopes because of the people involved. Looking forward to Hugh Grant showing up.

On a lighter note, the new series of Somebody Feed Phil is charming or at least the first two I’ve watched have been really good. Kyoto episode was interesting with Rene Redzepi of Noma fame showing up and also loved the Mumbai episode.

1 Like

There’s a thread about it here:

Watched Taipei and Scotland tonight. Both excellent.

Just finished MacDonald and Dodd.

Now watching

1 Like

this was a fun little watch (part I is also good). found myself thinking “how is it that i haven’t seen this?” or “i really need to watch that again”.

1 Like

We watched this last night, and I actually got through the whole thing in one sitting. So it must’ve been good. But why did the kid try to poison the dog???

in order to test the theory that snoop got sick earlier from eating the aspirin from his dad’s vomit. since the result of the experiment was comparable in results, it bolsters the theory of the dad’s suicide attempt. that scene was rough. great movie!

1 Like

Yes, I know what he was trying to prove, but I have a hard time believing this apparently empathetic, smart kid would risk his dog’s life when the internet is just RIGHT THERE and could answer this question for you.

That dog deserves more than one acting award! Wow!

love this show — and betty!

just with they hadn’t killed off susan kelechi watson’s character in the first episode. she (cricket?) and will had great chemistry. i understand that she may not have been available for the entire season. but they should have been able to find a way to get her off the canvas in a way that would leave will traumatized without killing her.

1 Like

Watching No Time to Die (2021 James Bond ) tonight, on Prime before it leaves in 4 days, and the 2nd episode of Vera’s Season 13 after that.

2 Likes

Reminded me of Monk.

I can’t believe there were only about 8 episodes! Or maybe there’s a secret stash on Daily Motion?

1 Like

Not watching, but a podcast

1 Like

I like Will Trent!

1 Like

Finally finished the first season of Sexy Beast. Loved it, and looking forward to the second season, whenever that may be…

It gets a bit maudlin at times ( I was sucked in by the foster care narrative), but it’s aight. :slightly_smiling_face: