What Fast Food Chain Do You Love?

I can totally buy unpasteurized Raw Milk at Sprouts, Lazy Acres, Lassen’s and probably a few other places around SoCal.

The best part, though, is that in reality they give you way more of the good stuff! :drooling_face:

You seem to be under the impression that Europe is one magical country where companies decided all together to only use natural ingredients and processes (wut!).

There are plenty of European countries that use artificial ingredients and processes, so I’m not sure what you are basing your comment on.

Food rules and regulations vary vastly from country to country - yes, even in magical Europe, and you know who’s responsible for making those rules in each country? The government! :exploding_head:

1 Like

Wait . . . what? Next you’re going to ask me to believe there is more than one cuisine/country/government in Asia :exploding_head:

1 Like

One step at a time… '-)

2 Likes

Well, as long as you don’t try to convince me that FF restaurants modify their menus for the various countries in which they operate :wink:

2 Likes

And Guinness!!

Yes, but the real thing is a culinary masterpiece.

We used to have a local BBQ joint operated by folk from California. The Q was good, but they offered whole wheat bread, side salads, and grasshopper pie. I jokingly told them they had three violations of the Texas Barbecue Code. I love mint desserts, spearmint or peppermint.

There are exceptions. But mostly Europe does not use chemicals in their foods like we do in America. Yes it’s the governments fault. All roads lead to Rome. The government is the unspoken evil I know. Japan also makes candy all naturally.

Dude. Did you accidentally cross to a different parallel universe? How come you are describing something I have never heard of.

3 Likes

I didn’t have to look far to confirm my suspicion that Japanese candy is not in fact all natural.

1 Like

You misunderstood. THE GOVERNMENTS in the various countries are the ones who regulate which ingredients are used. SOME of them have decided to not allow, e.g. aspartame to be used. Without THE GOVERNMENT’S regulations companies would use WTF they want to use. Glycol in wine. Plastic in cheese, etc. etc.

If it weren’t for gubmint regulations you’d still be living in asbestos-infested places.

Also, you keep referring to Europe as if it is a monolithic entity. I can assure you it is not.

4 Likes

We’ve got a live one here.

1 Like

Hi Chew is not what I am speaking of with Japanese candy. That is made for Americans. I am talking about the Japanese candy with Japanese writing. They don’t sell it in normal stores.

Which you can read, and that’s how you know what the ingredients are?

1 Like

I used to go to Tommy’s in Santa Ana, where the small plastic-topped tables outside were on just the angle that the chili fries would slide off if you didn’t watch them carefully. There’s another one nearer to me, in Lake Forest, but I haven’t been there in years. Not sure it’d be a good thing for me now.

Hi Chew started in selling in 1975 and certainly not developed for Americans – not in the universe I lived in anyway.

杉田智和x釘宮理恵、佐倉綾音x大塚明夫ら豪華声優陣がハイチュウに!? Web動画「食感いろいろ!ハイチュウs」 - YouTube

1 Like

Sisyphus Sisyphus The Myth GIF - Sisyphus Sisyphus The Myth Sisyphus Jtbc - Discover & Share GIFs

5 Likes

This is the candy of whence I speak:
https://www.hibiki-an.com/product_info.php/products_id/759