What Fast Food Chain Do You Love?

Do you have Fudrucker’s there? I haven’t been in years, but that’s what I remember.

I notice it now says medium or well done.

Sorry, I mixed it up. It was Popeye chicken sandwish which made big news. It shocked the market, and then everyone get in chicken sandwich.

1 Like

There was still one left in Regina about 10 years ago. The one in London, Ontario was in business for around 5 years in the late 80s. It was a big deal, but I never went. @PedroPero thinks this makes me bougie, but I grew up never having burgers for dinner… Burgers were a lunch food, and we usually went out for dinner if we were going up a restaurant with servers! I still don’t eat or make burgers for dinner, but meatballs for dinner are acceptable!

Yep, still going strong in Saskatoon and Regina, the only locations left in Canada!

4 Likes

Yes, I was all in on the Chicken sandwich wars. Popeyes. Drop the Mike.

3 Likes

I still think you’re bougie… :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Oh, you were all ON the chicken sandwich war, huh? You like Popeyes that much?

I love that chicken from Popeyes!

3 Likes

They do in the UK.

https://www.kfc.co.uk/menu/for-one/fillet-tower-burger-meal

1 Like

Got me thinking. I now wonder if Korean fried chicken – sandwich any good. Or maybe the extra crispiness is not a good combination in a sandwich.

4 Likes

I’d eat that. OTOH, I didn’t like the KFC sandwich, which was crispier thank Popeyes, but there was not much else to it.

2 Likes

But that’s describing chicken! So they are calling chicken a burger.

(post deleted by author)

My guilty pleasure is a McDouble at McDonalds. If it is fresh, it can be a really tasty little treat with just 400 calories and half a days worth of sodium. I figure I can stock up on salt that way. I always say you never know when you might need a little extra salt.
Seriously, though, it is a simple burger that is fairly tasty and with a “small” coke it comes to $3 and change.
I have also tried to try a Burger King chicken sandwich twice. But the Ch’King is so popular it has actually been sold out both times I tried to get it. Or maybe there is a secret password you have to give in order to show that you are the right sort to buy it?

2 Likes

Having worked in a fastfood restaurant, i really don’t have the stomach for most of it. But…there’s something about the crinkle cut fries and hard shell tacos at del taco that really do it for me. Likewise with a bag of cheeseburgers from White Castle or Krystal (tho I haven’t returned to Krystal since reading about John Lewis’ experience there during a sit in where if i remember right they got locked in and fumigated).

3 Likes

And me makes three… Fast casual is enough fast food to be entirely appropriate for this chain, I think…

2 Likes

Beg to differ. Politics aside (if possible), Chic Fil A a much better chicken sandwich than Popeyes!

1 Like

That is certainly husband’s preference, so I actually eat that one more!

1 Like

I’ve been all political with my takeout the past 2 years. I will still visit Popeyes occasionally, since it’s the only takeout chicken other than KFC available after 8 pm on Sundays where I live!

Most of my fried chicken orders over the past year have been from the Canadian fried chicken chain Mary Brown’s, I will try their fried chicken sandwich(es) for the team!

3 Likes

I was wondering that… I know when Popeyes chicken sandwich came out, it took the market by a storm. However, it is interesting that Popeyes managed to surprised a traditional chicken sandwich franchise like Chi Fil A.

1 Like