What Fast Food Chain Do You Love?

You are correct, that was next door, but they only take cash, I had none and no credit cards. :neutral_face:

4 Likes

You da’ man Phreddy! Safe travels my friend.

3 Likes

Modern problems

4 Likes

The foodie version of cheating. My hubby accuses me of it. :blush:

3 Likes

A Popeye’s Sandwich runoff has caused a small business to bloom. Just another great little American story.

2 Likes

They make amazing breakfast casserole.

2 Likes

There we go with the freezing thing again! I like it. I’m going to need a bigger freezer.

1 Like

Burger King ever since they introduced the Impossible Whopper. It’s delicious and healthier for the planet, though probably not for humans. Wish it had a whole grain bun, though. I am curious how the Impossible Chicken items other chains are planning will taste.

What does that mean?

1 Like

Ummm… okay, let me see. I grew up mostly in New England. Never had a strawberry soda until I started visiting my cousins during the summer in View Park close to Jefferson/La Brea. Almost every takeout and fast food place had or has strawberry soda. :slightly_smiling_face: I fell in love with it. It’s the perfect foil to salty, fatty, greasy.

3 Likes

There’s the rub.

1 Like

Didn’t you have Moxie back there?
Now that’s something I never understood.

Haha… at first I thought you were saying I have moxie. Nope, never heard of it. Strawberry soda isn’t a cola. It’s like seltzer water with squirts of strawberry syrup. It’s probably a southern thing brought with the great migration. :woman_shrugging: Kinda’ funny if you think about it.

Qué?

Moxie, from New Hampshire, one of the first soft drinks…
Strawberry Pop I grew up drinking so entirely familiar to me. :slight_smile:

https://www.drinkmoxie.com/

1 Like

For me, it’s a plus. I lack the self-control to become entirely vegetarian, although I eat half the meat I did before the new century began. The current cost of Impossible Meat will need to decrease by half if it is ever to become a mainstay of the American diet, but I want to help it succeed so the price can drop. There’s more salt in the IW than the beef one. However, there’s a third generation IM formula in the works so perhaps this will be better…

1 Like

I hope you didn’t mean that it contains any actual strawberry-anything, as I doubt that strawberry soda available at a fast food joint could possibly contain any real strawberry (flavoring or otherwise). :wink: BTW, I grew up in CA, and various fake fruit sodas have usually been available just about anywhere.

1 Like

Why eat the current bad stuff because maybe someday it will be better? “Eat more chikin.”

Oh no, no… not real strawberry.

Interesting. Yes, I grew up with Orange Crush, Grape Soda, etc. But the Strawberry Soda thing seems to be a thing at Fried Chicken chains, BBQ places and Mom & Pops in the neighborhood and parts surrounding. Hmmm… maybe it’s not just an area thing, it’s a California thing. :thinking:

2 Likes

You may consider the current product “bad stuff”. I don’t. I like the taste and was surprised to learn that the IW has more sodium than the regular Whopper. This burger tastes like real beef. As mentioned in a recent New Yorker article, when rightwing apologist Glenn Beck, who has investments in beef production, did a taste test, he thought IM was beef. I hope that as IM gains acceptance and popularity, the decreased demand for beef cattle will help control greenhouse gases.

1 Like

I do. It’s worth noting the only life form on the planet of which we have plenty is people. Killing them off with high fat and high sodium may be better for the planet… Regardless, buying a product today that is bad for you because it may be replaced with something better someday doesn’t make sense to me. You do know that greenhouse gases from cattle are less than the gas from buffalo just a few hundred years ago?

3 Likes