What Fast Food Chain Do You Love?

What a hit! Wow. Love that chicken.

1 Like

Is it just me? I’m not a big fan of fried chicken sandwiches. It’s not something I’d turn away if I were hungry and this was the option, but I really dislike the bun and other toppings often turning the crispy coating or breading soggy. Kills the best part of fried chicken, IMO. Even if this is a lot better than Chick-fil-A, which I find overrated, I’d much rather just order their fried chicken meal.

1 Like

Its just you!

Joking.

I’ve been doing my chick fi la chicken sandwich in lettuce instead of bread, but it’s still one of my fast food indulgences. Popeyes thighs are my other. I will be checking out their sandwich. I’ve been following the “meme” war.

Grilled pork chops, baked potatoes, grilled baby sweet peppers and zukes, mini eclairs.

Good to be home using my comfortable grilling setup.

Too hungry to pull out the photo function :wink:

R

2 Likes

Popeye’s is a twice a year indulgence for me, I really dig their chicken and red beans and rice, so I succumbed to the hype and grabbed the new sandwich since there wasn’t much of a line. I’ve never been to Chi-Fil-A so can’t enter that debate, but this is a good sandwich. Crispy juicy chicken, nice soft brioche bun, dill pickles, nice spice on the spicy version. Would get it with extra pickles next time.

7 Likes

Yum, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Yay! Taking one for the HO team!

1 Like

Sandwich culture wars report from the front:

B44 thanks for taking the hit for the curious here! And I’m just that curious, not looking for my next every time I’m out meal. I yelped the closest Popeyes to us and it had one star. So…

1 Like

I stopped reading this after I quickly realized this was a rant from a gay man that has a vendetta against the chick-fil-a owners belief on marriage. If you don’t like someone’s point of view, don’t support their business…simple as that.

Maybe this guy should have spent the time he wasted writing this pointless onesided rant wisely. He could have helped his community out and/or supported organizations he believes are a good cause instead of this nonsense.

FWIW, I support gay marriage. It changes my life in no way and if people want to get married, let them. States should let it go and just focus on more important issues.

2 Likes

Haven’t made it to Popeye’s yet for the sandwich, but I have tried the BK Impossible patty and I thought it was a pretty good facsimile of the real thing. I also did the Beyond Meat version at home a few weeks ago and I’d say it’s pretty much the same as the Impossible one.

So maybe we are on the way to some improvements for the mistreated beef cattle out there. Of course industrial production of soybeans brings with it its own issues, but that’s going to be hard to avoid completely; given a choice, I’m happy to eat the soybeans and help out the cattle. I suppose the next step is to add a sunny-side free range egg on top.

We have neither here in ruralville so I’m just an interested observer in this food fight.
The article is indicative of the fact this has gone beyond the food pages though.

I had a gay boss who loved chick-fil-a and gave out gift cards at Christmas, there I said the Christmas word. He also wasn’t politically wired enough to realize he was supposed to have a slant against the company.

3 Likes

Good chicken should transcend politics.
This is America, after all!
:cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

With respect, I don’t think it’s that simple at all.

" [T]he Cathy family had donated more than $1.9 million to anti-gay groups in 2010 through the WinShape Foundation, the Cathy family’s charitable giving organization founded by Truett Cathy in 1984. Those donations included a $1.1 million gift to the Marriage & Family Foundation, a group that promoted so-called traditional marriage and opposed both gay marriage and divorce; $480,000 to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, an athletic organization that requires applicants to agree to a “sexual purity statement” that condemns LGBTQ people for living “impure lifestyle[s]”; and $1,000 to Exodus International, a group that promotes anti-gay conversion therapy."

The owners of Chick-fil-A not only oppose gay marriage and support causes that attack it - they financially support organizations whose very mission is to “reverse” i.e. deny gay identity and “pray the gay away.” These organizations are legitimately harmful, particularly to vulnerable LGBT underage youth. This is straying off topic from food, but suffice to say, if anyone’s going on a “rant” against Chick-fil-A, it’s because that company seeks to deny the legitimacy of their very existence, let alone their right to marry. I also didn’t find the article to be a rant at all, but rather, a personal, detailed explanation of how the Popeye’s Chicken Sammy fills the void left by the most hateful chicken sandwich in America, and why.

I applaud anyone who boycotts Hate Chicken.

7 Likes

I learned of a new to me semi-fast food chain when I was in Florida recently. It is called Chicken Salad Chick and originated in Auburn, Alabama. I haven’t been in one of the locations yet. But I was given containers of two different chicken salads along with mini croissants. The chicken salads were very good and distinctly different in texture and flavor. I would definitely visit one of their locations. At this point it looks as though they are just in the South with a scattering in the Midwest.

4 Likes

We have CSC in Asheville!

There’s an interesting story behind the company: How I Built This - Chicken Salad Chick

2 Likes

I don’t know enough about the organizations and what they promote to hold a position, nor do I really care. I don’t believe a lot of media.

One thing I ponder, is this publicity the gay community is giving chick-fil-a fueling this fire? They are on a WAR PATH right now. They grew 16.7 last year. That is bonkers! They are the third largest in the world now. The gay community should just pipe down and keep chick-fil-a out of the lime light. All their actions seem to be back-firing. I could be wrong but numbers do not lie.

1 Like

(placing moderator hat on)

Re: Chick-fil-a

Lets try to move this back to food. I appreciate people using their dollar to vote their beliefs. Unfortunately this sort of issue can become not very pretty quite fast. The info is out there for those interested in learning more. Lets try to focus on the eats!

Thanks!

5 Likes

I’m good at derailing. Sorry :neutral_face:
Here’s ’ the chicken chain I miss most from back in KC.
https://gochickengo.com/pages/menu

Gizzards and livers party pack + they’ve always had chicken sandwiches :sandwich:
:slight_smile:

2 Likes