What Fast Food Chain Do You Love?

CJ asks and the Chronicle delivers!
:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Are there any supertrooper fans here?

1 Like

Who knew?

1 Like

DH requested stopping at McDo en route to the country. I was still off my feed and after scouring the menu, went for the Artisan Grilled Chicken Sandwich.
Served pretty much as shown. I admit that I had had almost nothing to eat for several days and my palate was immaculate, but I found the chicken unbearably salty. Probably brined. And I found no evidence of grill, i.e., marks or flavor. However, lots of tomato and lettuce. Also did not detect any vignaigrette. The bun looked and smelled good, but I didn’t try it.

I would order this again were it not so salty, but as it is, will not.

DH had our normal fish sandwich. Always almost acceptable but I thought fried fish a little rich for my current tract.

1 Like

Kind of last minute but I would have tried one if this chain was near me.

Wish I’d seen that earlier. :upside_down_face:

Has anyone tired the popeye’s chicken sandwich?

2 Likes

I haven’t had a chance to get to town yet but I want to try Popeyes Chicken Sammy! Also want to try burger Kings impossible. I try to limit my fast food in take to one treat a month. Unless I’m on the road and have no other choices.

1 Like

I went by my local Popeyes yesterday and the line was out the door. Maybe today…

2 Likes

Ernie if you get your hands on one let us know what you think.

The line was out the door again today. It might take a while.

2 Likes

What a hit! Wow. Love that chicken.

1 Like

Is it just me? I’m not a big fan of fried chicken sandwiches. It’s not something I’d turn away if I were hungry and this was the option, but I really dislike the bun and other toppings often turning the crispy coating or breading soggy. Kills the best part of fried chicken, IMO. Even if this is a lot better than Chick-fil-A, which I find overrated, I’d much rather just order their fried chicken meal.

1 Like

Its just you!

Joking.

I’ve been doing my chick fi la chicken sandwich in lettuce instead of bread, but it’s still one of my fast food indulgences. Popeyes thighs are my other. I will be checking out their sandwich. I’ve been following the “meme” war.

Grilled pork chops, baked potatoes, grilled baby sweet peppers and zukes, mini eclairs.

Good to be home using my comfortable grilling setup.

Too hungry to pull out the photo function :wink:

R

2 Likes

Popeye’s is a twice a year indulgence for me, I really dig their chicken and red beans and rice, so I succumbed to the hype and grabbed the new sandwich since there wasn’t much of a line. I’ve never been to Chi-Fil-A so can’t enter that debate, but this is a good sandwich. Crispy juicy chicken, nice soft brioche bun, dill pickles, nice spice on the spicy version. Would get it with extra pickles next time.

7 Likes

Yum, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Yay! Taking one for the HO team!

1 Like

Sandwich culture wars report from the front:

B44 thanks for taking the hit for the curious here! And I’m just that curious, not looking for my next every time I’m out meal. I yelped the closest Popeyes to us and it had one star. So…

1 Like

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter!

Press Room
“Food is a pretty good prism through which to view humanity.”

― Jonathan Gold