What Fast Food Chain Do You Love?

I like the chicken tenders at Chick Filet, with the variety of dipping sauces, but like kobuta I find them way too salty. There are variations from time to time, and occasionally they’re not too salty. A location popped up within 20 minutes from us about 2 years ago, but we haven’t bothered to go. Once or twice a year we’ll get Popeyes, which is just right. (Now I’m sounding like Goldilocks…) :yum:

3 Likes

I don’t eat Hate Chicken.

2 Likes

But where are the bears?

There are better fast food than Chick fil A, but many of the better ones are higher-end fast foods. For fast food restaurants at the same price range, Chic-fil-A is pretty good – say compare to McDonald and Burger King…etc.

Meanwhile in England…

There’s also NY, SC, and Mississippi burgers :hamburger:
:smiley:

I’ve never seen a bbq sauce flavored bun. With bbq sauce already on it, I wonder what the need is?

I’ve heard they hang out at The Black Bear Diner! (An actual chain in parts of the west)

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing.

So awesome. I wonder if UK McDonalds are better.

The fact that none of featured sandwiches seem to have much to do with their supposed city/state of origin is certainly the same concept as our US summer menu of “foreign“ treats .

1 Like

The New York one sounds vaguely like a Reuben. Except for the bagel and the beef burger and the ketchup.

2 Likes

I wonder what “cornbread style” is.

1 Like

I wonder if those are “fast-CASUAL”.

Fast Casual Dining

Top 40 Fast Casual

Thrillist-“Underrated Burger Chains That Need to Be in Every State”

1 Like

I think " why are they waiting in a drive through line? Maybe I should get out of the car, and walk inside. Maybe its faster."

I haven’t done it in awhile, but sometimes there is no line inside!

1 Like

Exactly what I mean. Like Shake Shack or Bobby Burger Palace… Fast causal… Basically, the burgers will be 50-100% more expensive than the likes of Burger King or McDonald.

1 Like

Cornbread style bun…" Maize Topped Cornbread Style Bun"

Allergen Ingredient: WHEAT Flour (contains Calcium, Iron, Niacin, Thiamine), Water, Maize Grits, Sugar, Rapeseed Oil, Salt, Yeast, Emulsifier (Mono- and Diacetyl Tartaric Acid Esters of Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids), Pea Protein, Dextrose, Antioxidant (Ascorbic Acid). Potential Allergen Ingredient:
N.B. May contain traces of sesame seeds, milk, barley and rye.

Hamburger on a bagel, let alone with all those wet ingredients, is not appealing to me at all. Bagel as sandwich vehicle is a bad idea. Too chewy and then there’s that hole in the center.

Not that the Mississippi and South Carolina ones sound much better.

2 Likes

I’ve always felt that way too. I eat my bagel as two halves. Once in a while hot and buttered. 95% of the time it is toasted with cream cheese and lox. Often tomato. Sometimes thin sliced red onion or capers.

Damn. Now I’m hungry and not a bagel in sight!

4 Likes

My fellow KCer, in London currently to see Bryan Ferry and King Crimson, refused to take one for the team and try this.
His comment,
:” No. No one should be eating a BBQ-flavored bun.”
So, CJ, you are correct. We que snobs have standards, low may they be.
:smiley:

7 Likes