What Fast Food Chain Do You Love?

You can buy the tiny white tablets at Boots drug store if you visit the UK.

C’mon folks. Are we going to let every thread be diverted?

5 Likes

Do you like to live dangerously?

1 Like

I think in general, at this moment, I still like In-N-Out the best… but there are many good ones. One thing about In-N-Out is that… the menu is very small. This could also mean it is easier to get bored though.

Come to think of it… why do we have so many fried chicken fast food? Why not fried beef or fried pork?

2 Likes

I have no good chicken and rib joints around me anymore. Last one was near my job. And it was named Chicken & Ribs. That was back in 1995. In fact it was their chicken wings I had for the first time ever in my life. Never ate one prior. My coworkers convinced me to try one after they got a wing and rib box for lunch one day. It was also when I discovered blue cheese dressing. Can’t understand why they closed down. My only guess is that the area became mostly Hispanic and they don’t like chicken or ribs. Not enough people in the Industrial Park to make up for profits. I have no other clue. Oh well

I was thinking everyone wanted to take advantage of the chicken sandwich wars that got started early pandemic. I was thinking that was how this thread got started*. As much as I love that chicken (sandwich) from Popeyes, I roll my eyes a little when I see it on menus where I’ve made the additional effort to go in and sit down. I’ll gladly try it on a fast food menu, but I prefer my fried chicken on the bone. I did try “Cane’s” twice. Nope.

• Nope. I was thinking of a thread that was called something like “chicken sandwich wars”.

Here it is!

2 Likes

Sometime it can just be bad business. We as customers often only see if they are busy, and if they have customers. True, these are very important, but they are not the only issues.

Generalize much?

4 Likes

Did you or do you have a favorite when it comes to fried chicken (regular) and fried chicken sandwich?
Interesting, I also slightly prefer chicken with bones (like drumsticks, thigh, wing), but I know at least a few ladies refuse to eat bone-in chicken. Not so much, they prefer one over another, they literally refuse to eat chicken with bones.

2 Likes

Still Popeye’s, partly because I can order just thighs. I’ll accept biscuits for the freezer if it doesn’t add to the cost, but I JUST WANT FRIED CHICKEN THIGHS ON THE BONE. I have to admit I have been disappointed more often than not over the last two years, as the thighs get smaller and are more often “over fried”. Oh well. Not my best dietary choice anyway. Finding more ways to cook thighs.

4 Likes

I am with you. In a few minutes I will grill an eight pack of thighs, use two for Taco Tuesday, and freeze the rest. Thighs are so much better than other parts. More flavor and way better moisture retention.

3 Likes

I also like Popeye a bit more, but I am ok with KFC too. I was very surprised during the COVID19 lockdown (suggestive lockdown). There were a KFC very near a Popeye (half block away on the same street). The KFC would have only 2-3 cars in the drive through, and Popeye would have cars lining out on the main street (give or take 15+ cars).

1 Like

Okay. I loved KFC as a kid in New York in the seventies, but the last time I tried it ( maybe 5 years ?) I was like “what was I thinking of”? Somehow I had memories of “crackling gravy”, but I have no idea where that comes from.

I am particularly put off by their marketing of “bowls” with so many off white components. Like corn and mashed potatoes. Just the chicken please!

2 Likes

I prefer Popeye’s over KFC, and the last time I had KFC it gave me horrible GI issues. Never again.

2 Likes

There’s an old warhorse of a recipe from the Silver Palate Cookbook, called Chicken Marbella. It has an honored spot on many holiday tables. I always make it with chicken thighs- bone in, skin on, instead of a cut up chicken. Nice and moist. It’s crucial to leave the chicken pieces intact for the recipe, whether or not you use all the parts. A friend liked mine so much she decided to make it herself- with boneless, skinless thighs. Result: sauced hockey pucks. I prefer chicken on the bone, especially fried chicken! If you’re not eating it with your hands, what’s the problem with using a knife and fork? But I have friends who only want boneless chicken, whatever the prep. And that extends to wings, even. :woman_shrugging:t3: I’d like to see a bird fly with boneless wings.
M
And to Cooks Illustrated, and Ina Garten, and everyone else who has “updated” or “improved” the recipe, you’d do a DIY repaint of the Sistine Chapel ceiling, just to make it “pop”. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

I have female friends like that, too. I have no clue why they’ve developed that stricture.

2 Likes

I think some people don’t like being reminded that chicken comes from an animal that has bones.

Hence we have those (boneless) chicken wings.

1 Like

I went to Popeyes chicken for the first time last week . Did i enjoy the sandwich. Yes . Did it look like the commercial. No . But everybody knows that .

2 Likes

Same as @Phoenikia observation. I know at least one woman who told me that the reason is that the bones and structure give a much better reminder that it was from an animal. I have another friend believe the chewing the bones is bad for her teeth.

3 Likes