"What does the inside of your refrigerator say about you?"

Well thank you! We try…

1 Like

That’s pretty amazing!

I’d love to know more. I should know already, but I don’t. Maybe we should include fridge pics in the get to know you thread!

I’m curious about how many are in your household, how often you cook, and when you cook, is there a pattern? Not sure what I mean by that.

Maybe how much “veg” ( for me the trickiest, and balancing local specials, home grown, farmers market, and CSA delivery) , how much from “scratch” (no prep before that meal?), from freezer, from batch cooking, from “store bought”.

I often think of getting another fridge, another freezer, but I believe it will just encourage what my husband calls hoarding. Pshaw.

1 Like

Looks as full as mine, but a lot neater! :smiley: I have another fridge in the basement too…

Yes!! In fact we should share pics of all our cooking stuff - the good, the bad, and the ugly!

There are only 2 of us here, but there will be 6 for dinner tomorrow, so more stuff than usual, and the garage fridge is pretty full too.

I was actually sick for several months, became food averse, and wasn’t shopping, cooking only rarely on good days and eating very little. The H came through big time and banged out dinners every night after his 12 hour days AND shopped. He was pretty unhappy when I couldn’t eat. But when you can’t, you can’t. I thought it was from course after course of antibiotics from dental procedures, but it was actually a reaction to one of my meds. Now I’m feeling better each day and have my appetite back. Sooo, I’ve been a little over enthusiastic about shopping and cooking projects. In fact I had to freeze two persimmons last night so they wouldn’t rot. We try to not waste much food, make a lot of soups, stocks & etc. Hope that answers some of your questions @shrinkrap. Feel free to ask me anything, I don’t mind. Since I know you’re an MD, you’re probably curious about the med - it was metformin.

2 Likes

The extra fridges are a lifesaver, aren’t they @kobuta?

@Lambchop, I’m so glad you are feeling better! And good to know about the metformin! I’m seeng more and more children on it, and this week one young man said he doesn’t take his in the morning when he doesn’t eat breakfast, so he doesn’t feel “explitive” at school all day, since just being at school was “explitive” enough.

Thanks @shrinkrap, it’s a wonderful relief, also happy it wasn’t something SERIOUS! It was sheer torture when I had to go to an all you can eat Argentinian/Brazilian grill type place while feeling like crap, social obligation I couldn’t dodge, could only eat about 3 bites and had to act happy & social. Think I managed a cocktail. Now I drool thinking about all those fabulous lamb chops on skewers I couldn’t eat. Except for one tiny one. And yes, expletive, expletive is a good word to describe the M for some people. I shudder, thinking of the memories…

2 Likes

That’s sad to hear that so many kids with psychological disorders are prescribed Metformin. Like they don’t have enough problems.

1 Like

What do those look like?

I will humbly defer to @shrinkrap to address that observation; some people tolerate it quite well, as I understand. Happy Thanksgiving BTW!

2 Likes

Like this

(without the kelp)

4 Likes

Like!
Do you get oysters sold in those?

I just got some oysters shipped from not too far away, and want them to last a few days.

2 Likes

Yes, the oysters always come in those wooden boxes packed with kelp to keep them fresh. The kelp is edible and I eat it all every time.

Same in France, Spain and many other countries.

2 Likes
I was torn between posting the photo with an explanation, or just the photo alone to see what people think about the fridge contents. Going for the latter since I am super curious what people assume about me based on the contents (feel free-I absolutely don't get offended.). Please disregard the scuzzy floor, I am currently using the basement fridge while kitchen renovations take place. My

mom got me a vacuum sealer for Christmas 2 years ago, so the freezer is jam packed; a goldmine of bagged leftovers, etc. Thoroughly enjoying checking out the foods that everyone else keeps on hand- this is fascinating.

Add images here

3 Likes

I think it looks quite neat, with a wide range of produce, and some well selected condiments!

Please post pictures of the kitchen renovation, that would be fascinating as well.

2 Likes

You’ve got lots of veg and produce ! I do too, but that’s because I don’t eat them.

2 Likes

My fridge currently suggests that I 1) go to the store for fresh vegetables and 2) need to make something that requires LOTS of assorted cheeses. Wish DH liked souffles more…

2 Likes

I have more food than is reasonable for one person haha but I generally don’t let anything go to waste, so at least there’s that. My pantry is similarly ridiculous.

1 Like

I’ll post pantry pictures sometime, I have several. Everyone says they’re coming to my house in the event of natural disaster or apocalypse…

1 Like

I went to the store and now I have veggies!

There is an old volunteerism joke that says when you’ve been out doing good all day and there’s nothing planned for dinner, you dash into the house and start frying onions. Husband come home and is sent a message that all is well and under control. This buys you time to compose yourself and come up with some kind of stone soup.

I joked to husband yesterday that since I was out of onions, I couldn’t even pull off this ruse!

7 Likes