What do you like? French Fries or Alternative Fried Foods?

Whenever you go to a diner or a burger joint, do you usually get French fries? If there are similar alternatives (other deep-fried snacks), then do you prefer to go for something different like sweet potatoes fries, onion rings, fried zucchini…etc. What do you like to go for?

1 Like

If we’re just talking burger joints or diners, I don’t think I’d trust them to venture much beyond the usual fried foods, but I thankfully really enjoy good fries. To me, they’re the perfect companion for a burger.

If I want fried veg like zuke or eggplant I’d rather have those in mezze format with tzatziki.

Never sweet potato fries. #impostors

4 Likes

Agree with @linguafood… fries or onion rings… never sweet potatoes as I hate them.

Are you familiar with coated fries? They are our new favorite style of french fries. Served at the local sports bar pub.

1 Like

Always french fries… :slight_smile:

1 Like

French fries + pub cheese = well-fried mozzarella sticks w/ marinara
mozz sticks > plain fries
fries >/< onion rings (dependent on the onion rings/fries in question)
fries > curly fries/waffle fries, always. I realize this is highly subjective. others are free their obviously wrong opinion.
fries >>> tots. I know I’m in a minority on this. Tots are not a french fry substitute. They are alternate hashbrowns.

1 Like

You people like French fries more than I do then. I usually like to order something beside French fries.

1 Like

Like … a burger? :smiley:

2 Likes

I order the burger to justify the french fries. Although if it’s a spot that makes great onion rings (few and far between) I’ll take them.

7 Likes

If cole slaw is an option I will usually get that instead of fries, although I do love fries with a Five Guys burger.

Well, we know two burgers are healthier. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

French fries. Face it, a good french fry is a work of art in an of itself.

Now if they have real home made onion rings, and not those processed ground round things…I’m your huckleberry.

4 Likes

Fried artichoke hearts anyone?

4 Likes

At a burger joint? You first :wink:

More than one, and pizzeria/red sauce joint among others.

1 Like

Oh, we’re talking fancier burger joints/diners than I thought we were. I was thinking of places where the only veg is the iceberg on the burger, not a “gastro pub” (are they still called that?).

I didn’t take the OP to include pizzerias or other Italian restaurants, thus my comment re: fried zuke or other veg, which I’d prefer to eat at a Greek or otherwise inclined place.

1 Like

black rice cookie and it is good for the health.

1 Like

I have to admit. I didn’t know French fries are this popular.

1 Like

Sound nice, but not sure if I have had fried artichoke hearts before.

Search “giant artichoke castroville”

2 Likes