What do you fix when you're too tired to cook?

Quesadilla

4 Likes

Cinnamon toast.

Turning leftover veg/potato/rice in the fridge into frittatas/scrambles, or leftover rice/potato into fritters or croquettes.

4 Likes

Flour tortilla, preferably locally made and fresh, and a fried egg in the middle- I used to keep the yolk intact, but it always squirted out and messed up my shirt. My two allowable additions to a quesadilla- fried egg, and green chiles. All the above would be nirvana

6 Likes

If we don’t order out it’s baked chicken thighs. I douse them with whatever spice/flavor profile I’m in the mood for, stick them in the convection toaster oven, crank up the heat, baste once and fuggedaboutit. Serve w/salad greens already washed and in the fridge or throw some root veggies in the chicken pan & toasty bread or rice.

2 Likes

My quickest meal when I really don’t want to cook.
Cheese on bread, microwaved until melted.

2 Likes

Swap the microwave for the toaster oven and I’m right there with you!

1 Like

Always works for me. If I have a sliced hard boiled egg to add, I’m in heaven.

And if you have cheese + tortilla + salsa + melting then you get to call it a quesadilla.
That’s my move.

3 Likes

What do I fix when I’m too tired to cook? MY HAIR, and then we go out :joy::rofl:!

5 Likes

My dear prepares a quick something or we go down to the corner bar or corner pizzeria …

I’m waiting for that emergency. Gortons fish fillets with Skippers tarter sauce .

4 Likes

5 Likes

I’m right with Barca but usually have a block of pate and a jar of cornichons in the fridge to add to the platter. No need to touch the stove/hob/oven. Super easy and tasty.

5 Likes

Cheese Photo Copyrights: Photographers: Giovanni, Claudio, Angela, Patrick and Alejandra (me).

1 Like

Yep, not quite as swanky, but for dinner a couple evenings ago I tore off a hunk of fresh baguette and stuffed it with some cheese & prosciutto. Quite satisfying.

4 Likes

Definitely cool !! I love cheese and a baguette so i do this too !

What type of cheese ?

1 Like

Get ready… deli-style american! :relaxed:

4 Likes

Never had any American cheese.

For a baguette – i love a good provolone with oregano and Evoo … (extra virgin olive oil) or a Smoked San Simon from Lugo, Galicia.

Have a lovely day ahead.

2 Likes

Sounds delicious.

1 Like

It is a Lugo, Galician smoked variety, semi soft or tender but firm, from raw cow´s milk. Quite wonderful.

I believe they export it …

1 Like