What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #2?

Just had Knob Creek old fashioneds with toasted rounds of sourdough baguette smeared with fermented garlic hummus. Dinner was steamed tamales with pink taco sauce (a mixture of red salsa and sour cream). Mmmmmm.

5 Likes

Egg Nog. Haven’t added the rum yet, next time.

4 Likes

Happy Hanukkah !

6 Likes

As we enter the last werk of Advent, the week before Christmas, life seems to be perking up and getting more festive. Martinis, Christmas in a glass, just seemed so right. Plus they are the ideal prelude to steak frites.

5 Likes

@Vecchiouomo merry xmas, i thought of you when someone sent it to me - hope you find it funny

5 Likes

5 Likes

That looks like a nice bottle of yak

Robust and full flavor worked well mixed w the nog and neat.

What kinda yak do you like to drink ?

1 Like

I adore it. Thank you!

1 Like

Ones that I had the pleasure of picking the barrels

Spent a week in France with a bunch of spirits enthusiasts picking Armagnac barrels from a little farm house in 2017

3 Likes

Super cool. So did you take bottles home with you that you still enjoy ?

Good friends gifted us a bottle of pre-mixed (homemade) pumpkin martinis. Yum! Shared the recipe for them many years ago, and she makes a batch every year! She uses generous sized bottles for gifting - yay. I’m always torn about making them because they’re so decadent in all ways, and I’m sure my blood glucose spikes big time when drinking them. BUT, we’re enjoying some tonight with the fire going, and it is the holidays after all. Cheers everyone! :cocktail:

2 Likes

The Derby:

–1 oz. bourbon
–1/2 oz. orange curacao
–1/2 oz. sweet vermouth
–3/4 oz. lime juice

Shake and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a lime wheel.

5 Likes

Solid.

I put a few shots worth of the yak into the duck fat roux gravy cooking.

1 Like

Glögg

3 Likes

Called the celebration.

Brandy sweet vermouth Campari and orange bitters. Equal proportions.

4 Likes

We had gluhwein yesterday, made with a Pinot Noir.

1 Like

Cheers sounds delish. Do you guys soak raisins in brandy or nibble on nuts in it?

Nope. There’s brandy in it, but we had it after dinner just before diving into the (boozy) fruitcake and chocolate.