What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #1? (2015-2020)

The usual, on warm sunshiny days.

1 Like

Saw this in an email from Serious Eats today and thought I’d share as it reminded me of your post:

1 Like

Four Roses bourbon, Antica vermouth and Angostura Manhattans

1 Like

cutting straight to the pont tonight. What a day! Fighting for my neighborhood’s future can be exhausting. I am not a political actor but time to play hardball. Very frustrating when the people who make decisions are unqualified, uneducated and propelled by sheer cronyism.

1 Like

Last night (among several others) . . .

Dewazakura Omachi “Jewel Brocade” Junmai Ginjo . . .

. . . and Kamoizumi Sachi 17-Year [Bottle] Aged Koshu (bottled in 1997; released for sale in 2014 . . . so I guess it’s “18-Year Aged Koshu”)

1 Like

More from last night…

1 Like

With lunch…really good.

n

Clint Eastwood, from The Old Fashioned book. Rye, equal parts angostura and green chartreuse, simple syrup, and orange peel garnish.

the drink at the restaurant is very, very bright green, full of tiny bits of cilantro. it’s delicious. they’re definitely not just muddling. but i do understand what you’re saying about the blender changing the color. i’m not sure what the restaurant does differently. i’ll have to ask next time i go.

Last night: St. Germain Martini. Gin, dry vermouth, a tiny splash of St. Germain, and a couple of dashes of fennel bitters. will definitely make again.

i just bought some pisco today, so tonight will be a Pisco Sour.

2 Likes

Well, I was in Dallas over the Halloween weekend, so there was lots of

and some of

and a whole lot more . . . .

2 Likes

What’s the story on that margarita? Looks tres cool!

Mini Manhattans.

1 Like

Butter Chardonnay. :purple_heart:

1 Like

Is that a 1 or 2 oz shot, plus the vermouth?

Small stays cold

Just bought a few bottles last week

1 Like

Love that stuff. Since I discovered it a year or so ago, I keep stocking up. For fun, have you ever tried their JaM Cab? I haven’t. Some info here:
http://www.jamcellars.com/product/2014-JaM-Cabernet-Sauvignon-750-mL

@kattyeyes

Should this be on the WINE board?

From The Woolworth in Dallas, TX –

“Smoke & Spice” (lime, jalapeño and cumin, tequila, with a cayenne-sugared rim, the smoke coming for a chip of dry ice in the cocktail) – delicious, smooth, with a spicy lips-on-fire-kiss-me-quick! finish.

1 Like

You don’t like buttery chards? This one is a fine example. More info, though you are a wine guru–am guessing you’ve heard of this cellar, but it may not be your thinG?
http://www.jamcellars.com/?method=products.productDrilldown&productID=EDDC5ADF-99FB-D2BC-C9F5-25559A0F0B8C&originalMarketingURL=product/2014-Butter-Chardonnay-750ML