What Cooking Shows do you Watch?

Since I no longer have cable . I have been watching you tube . Keith floyd , italian grandma cooks … she cracks me up and is a great cook . Cooking instructions from chefs of Italy. No English or sub titles . Love the approach they apply to cooking . I have seen every PBS cook show from great chefs , to , to , since the 80’s . I am sure you have seen all of them too.

3 Likes

I forgot about that show. That was a good one.

1 Like

Top chef and recipe tv. I like the latter because it’s here’s how we make this… no BS

Where can I find that show?

Bake with Anna Olson … she doesn’t get in the way, it’s all about the food

1 Like

It’s in our cable channels

http://recipe.tv

1 Like

I’ve never heard of that channel.

Verizon is the only company that carries it in my area (I have comcast).

There is a zip code search to see if you get it here . . .

http://recipe.tv/watch/

1 Like

We do have Verizon

1 Like

the food ranger hands down awesome

3 Likes

Yay! New ideas!

I used to love the way the host of Great Chefskf the South said pepper".

2 Likes

I’m not sure if you tube videos belong in this category, so please feel free to move this
Below is the most enjoyable cooking/baking/food related anything … I have ever watched
It was a ten minute meditation … also could someone please make this for me :roll_eyes::pray:

or this :roll_eyes::pray:

2 Likes

Wow. I’m thinking there is no way another egg is going in without this thing breaking…I’m gonna need a cigarette!

2 Likes

lol

I just started Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat. I love how she eats things. She is SO into it! Ha

1 Like

We cancelled our satellite about five years ago because we were tired of paying almost $100 a month for the same old regurgitated junk. There’s plenty on regular tv once you get used to it😊

So anyways, Nigella showed up out of the blue tonight on Create. She started out in a sexy kimono type outfit baking decadent brownies in a darkened kitchen. Okay, pure Nigella.

Then went on to a potato/green pea recipe topped with chicken thighs. Put on black latex gloves to massage olive oil into the dish. Think she’ll catch some flack over those black gloves. Very off putting if you ask me.

2 Likes

Just when I thought I’d seen and heard it all. Watched Sara Moulton with a visiting chef. He showed how to check an avocado for ripeness at the grocery store. You stick your fingernail into the stem end , peel back a small part of the skin and if it’s not to your liking, just put the skin back in place and no one will know. At least she had the good grace to say that’s cheating. If you want to call it that. I call it downright lowdown. He said, well when paying $3 for an avocado…

4 Likes

Oh , that’s just wrong . Fingernails .omg .

2 Likes

We were watching Chopped tonight and one of the contestants cut himself.
One of the judges had blood in his bowl and the other on the outside. Needless to say he was whacked.

1 Like

Was that new or a re-run? I see that from time to time on cooking shows and can’t imagine “them” even letting that air.