What Are Your 3 Favorite Desserts?

Mr naf’s favourite! Even better with additional candied nuts!

I don’t know about this one, it looks delicious, remind me of some German and Austrian layer cakes.

Oh! I need one.

1 Like

The hardened caramel layer on the top was the best part!

2 Likes

I love flan too. My Aunt follows the Goya Brand recipe. What’s your method?

Turned Rooster’s butterscotch pudding into a pie, topped with whipped cream and caramel sauce. Pudding component itself was delish. The pie, to me needed a different textural element to it, such as toasted pecans in bottom of pie, or scattered over the top. Although I cut sugar to mitigate the sweetness of the brown sugar bourbon, I could have cut it even more. Overall a success & I do love butterscotch! So highly recommend Rooster’s pudding recipe! Here is a pic -

9 Likes

Maybe a graham cracker crust but I have only enjoyed it as pudding. Yours Looks nice.

My method has been to buy it from places that make it! But I might try your aunt’s recipe. Is this it?

https://www.goya.com/en/recipes/flan

Yes. It’s super simple and once chilled holds up to slicing. My Aunt uses a 9x5 glass loaf pan. For a quick flan it’s tasty. Oh and she doubles the liquid sugar topping layer.

Thanks. I’ll have to give it a try!

1 Like

Thanks again for the recipe @Rooster! I definitely wouldn’t use a graham cracker crust, personally, because of the sweetness in the graham crackers. The pie pastry provided that bit of salt needed for the 3 sweet elements of the pie. I was bad last night and ate the last piece, which I topped with roasted, salted macadamia nuts. Perfection!
The pudding itself is flawless and really easy to bang out fast!

4 Likes

I like that you made the pudding and the pie your own! A good/reliable recipe is always worth sharing but putting our own spin is even better…and imho the point.

1 Like

My favourites lately:
Chocolate mousse
Apricot palacsinta
Fraisier
Strawberry shortcake
Peach cobbler

Butterscotch pie is a specialty in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. Tasty!

2 Likes

My favourite desserts are fried ice cream, pavlova and creme brulee- love when it gives you a nice crack as well.

1 Like

Made another batch of butterscotch pudding today. This time flavored with vanilla bean paste and dark rum. The flan was delivered to my neighbor. I’m def a pudding guy.

4 Likes

What’s your favorite SUMMER dessert?

I love summer pudding, although I’ve only had it a couple of times. Also sliced watermelon, and the occasional piece of key lime pie.

1 Like

Please explain summer pudding. My list includes, frozen grapes, fresh fruit, root beer ices, mango pudding and really special ice cream shops.

1 Like

Here’s a recipe for summer pudding. I believe it’s British: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/summer-pudding

P.S. I almost forgot - root beer floats!!!

3 Likes

Very interesting. Good use of super ripe berries. Thxs.