What are you making for Father's Day?

Father and vegan daughter are going to see the new Men in Black. Then dinner will be: guacamole and salsa with tortilla chips, fusilli with tomato pasta sauce, Italian sausage to add, garlic bread using Trader Joe’s Garlic Dip, Caesar salad with vegan dressing, and great vegan chocolate cake. Wine and iced tea to drink. It can be done!

4 Likes

It all sounds wonderful! We are having lamb chops on the grill. Cauliflower steaks on the grill, salad and perhaps a rice pilaf. Just harvested our first rhubarb so dessert will be a strawberry rhubarb pie with ice cream.

Well, it looks like I won’t be firin’ up the Weber later today; rain here since 6 AM. Scattered thunder showers thru 7 PM. George Forman is on Stand By, and I was already planning on doing a mess of home fries on the stove top.

HS#2 dropped off his obligatory Father’s Day card with a $10 scratch off inside. I did not win $1 mil, I did not win $100,000, I did not win $10,000, I did not win $1,000, I did not win $100…I won nothing. So much for my Irish Luck.

Good day, so far today.

2 Likes

Love strawberry rhubarb anything!

It’s the thought that counts…

1 Like

I made my father’s favorite meal from his home in the PNW, ham on the bone, potato salad, green beans, black olives, pickle spears and sliced garden tomatos. And a bunch of mini cupcakes from Nothing Bundt Cakes since I have discovered they are delicious. Also a baked berry pie from Trader Joe’s.

3 Likes

I’m solo parenting this week which is HARD but another story. Before my husband flew out, I made seared scallops, corn on the cob, cucumber salad and grilled mushrooms. Those scallops were delicious! Super fresh from Cape Cod. I was nibbling on a piece here and there raw before they made their way into the cast iron pan.

2 Likes

Picnic at the local winery with family and friends. A very quick pantry dive of pickled things, cured meats and soft cheeses, local bread and fire pit s’mores with mint chocolate.

Happy camper.

4 Likes