What are you listening to?

So I come in with a quirky one…I’ve been listening to these folks, as my shop tent backs up to the stage where/ these folks play:

5 Likes
1 Like

From my French cooking music station.

3 Likes

I don’t listen to much French anymore but did go through a lengthy ZAZ phase.

Eblouie par la nuit

2 Likes

Love her, just played her album. Merci.

1 Like

Kate Bush and Amy Winehouse and Johnny Cash’s American Recording.
(Which will change next week)
And alt rock radio in the car and at work when appropriate.

3 Likes

That’s quite epic!

Vending at a renaissance faire definitely has an interesting soundtrack.

This couple is not only talented, but they’re also am adorable couple.

1 Like

Anyone watch the 3 part series?

Have you gotten through the whole of The Beatles: Get Back? Would be interested to hear about what resonates for you.

We’ve only gotten as far as finishing Part 1. It’s interesting to watch the Beatles go through their creative process. I feel like I’m also getting a peek behind the curtain at the actual humans, even though fame had changed them so profoundly by that point.

1 Like

On the Beatles topic - has anyone watched the movie Yesterday? I stumbled across it a year ago or so to find it well written, acted, and performed. Not many movies keep my attention but I found Yesterday amusing and entertaining.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Yes, finished the six hours plus the other day. A good deal of lightbulb moments for me. Where rumor and reality converge. Where George had his tipping point. WherePaul had his business plan emerge. Where John and Yoko had mocking but disjointed musical moments. Where Ringo had the strength to keep quiet. All boys being spoiled boys with gifts beyond their comprehension and very different willpowers to develop indiv careers. They also became better guitar players along the way. Mostly, my impressionable youth, learning guitar myself, hitting the road, walking into my first recording studio and countless hours sitting around WAITING came flooding back.

I loved it, affectionally.

3 Likes

I liked the film, Across the Universe more though.

2 Likes

^ This is the best part of all.

To my way of thinking, personal stories like this one are more of a treasure than those of celebrities who have been in the limelight. Thank you for sharing with us!

1 Like
2 Likes

Adele has been replaced at the top of iTunes by 17 yo Nashville native Gayle with abcdfu.

Indeed. This is something I love to listen to and watch:

1 Like