What are you listening to?

Thanks! @Rooster could you please add a link if it’s handy?

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

RIP. :pray:

3 Likes

Sad . I loved his album Joyous Lake .

3 Likes

:us::us::us:

4 Likes

Was reorganizing music vids on my server and came across this (which I hadn’t watched in a while). During the last days of Letterman, Dave had a number of A listers perform old covers. This is one of the best covers I have ever seen. This is a YouTube link as I think publishing a link to the vid on my server would violate the community’s copyright concerns:

3 Likes

Speaking of strong covers.

3 Likes

Farewell Graeme…
RIP

2 Likes

The drumming on A Question Of Balance takes me right back.

1 Like

Here is another one from that same week. Not a big JM fan, but I like him. He screwed up the lyrics a bit, but I thought his guitar licks were cool.

“I grew up a few miles from Harmony Park in Anaheim. I hitch hiked up/down Harbor Blvd to Newport almost daily. On a return hitch one day I was picked up by a guy in a new Cadillac. I was already playing sax in a surf band and the guy asked if I’d ever heard of Dick Dale. Of course I had, Dick was the Hendrix of that era. At a stop light the guy hit a button on the dash and from under the glovebox a drop down record player appeared. He said,”Here’s Dick’s new single” and he played “Let’s Go Trppin’” through the “Caddy’s “ sound system. It ends up, the driver was Dick Dale’s father!
He dropped me off in front of Harmony Park, and left me a lifelong memory.”
This is from a discussion of the ventures and amps I encountered…
:cowboy_hat_face: :wink:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3859716277465223&id=100002806663727

1 Like

The demographics must skew very boomer here. Not a lot of metal heads either. I love Motörhead, White Zombie and Rage Against the Machine. I bought a peloton early in the pandemic when I couldn’t get to my gym. I have heard a decent amount of new to me music on my rides. One band that I’ve come to enjoy is the Struts and I have a new found appreciation for Wyclef Jean.

1 Like

Add something. I think this song thread is diverse.

1 Like

I’m not a boomer.

I listen to (and enjoy) those bands, as well as nearly every other genre out there.

I answered the question while on a break from working at home, where I listen to very different music than I do in other situations. The question was phrased as in the current time, so that’s how I answered.

At other times, in other moods, you will get other answers, none if which would let you guess my actual demographic.

1 Like

Diverse in music tastes. Diverse in food taste.

Ok. I’m up for a little sleuthing. If I recall from your postings over time, you’ve lived and worked in France and have at least one child who is at least in the teens by now. Eclectic music tastes. Most likely would make you gen X. Maybe an early millennial but your writings make me think not.

I hope you’ll contribute!

Why do we have to fit into a category?

Can we not just like what we like completely independently of what somebody thinks we ought to like nor dislike based solely on a data point, especially when it doesn’t impact anybody else’s life at all?

If I want to listen to an endless loop of what it sounds like when someone dumps a bucket of marbles, that’s what I’m going to listen to. For as long as I want to.

1 Like