What are you listening to? 2024

Great video—I wish I could read Korean. My mom just left…she probably could have read aloud the translation.

1 Like

Close to home - Lyle Mays @ Pat Metheny group.
Had the pleasure to see them when they first started touring at the Berkeley theater. San Lorenzo .

2 Likes
2 Likes

Started watching just now. Saw it last time when I was much younger, but didn’t really notice the score then. But I have been on a film score discovery over the last few years, and this is one of the best.

2 Likes

Funny I was just reading about these guys, they just put out a new album

1 Like
2 Likes

@linguafood

3 Likes

Thank you for this - it’s one of my favorite songs to perform these days :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Jazz Night in America…tonight’s show with Christian MC Bride profiles Shirley Horne.
I listen to the show every Sunday at 6pm on my public radio station.

2 Likes

Farewell Eric
:frowning:

3 Likes

Hungry eyes: such an 80s classic! Rip Eric Carmen.

5 Likes

Another one leaving us. Rip Karl Wallinger, singer of World Party.

4 Likes
2 Likes

According to spotify, The Pat Metheny Group is the artist I listen to the most each year!

2 Likes

My daughter swears the lyrics are, “Please, go a—way”. She’s a millenial and that always cracks me up. I could sing that to the annoying neighborhood dog that tries to charge me.

1 Like

Ive seen Pat many times . One of my favorite songs . San Lorenzo . Remember seeing him on tour late seventies in Berkeley. Lyle Mays Rip .

2 Likes

He and Melissa Ethridge are the biggest KC music stars.
I always thought it weird that they were from the farthest reaches of the area, Lee’s Summit and Leavenworth.
The exurbs.
Unless you throw in Kansas, who adamantly insisted they were from Topeka.
Nonetheless, Pat used to always come home for Christmas and he’d do a show at the Jewish Community Center, in a nice twist.
:wink:

2 Likes
1 Like

Youtube comment from someone else: so true.

afbeelding

2 Likes

@damiano Your post reminded me of my first drive cross country (many years ago). There were quite a few areas where the radio stations were sparse and I listened to this CD… especially this song. Me, my old truck and a rented U-haul trailer (overloaded) slowly crawling my way through an ice storm towards a new life. (Doing the best that I can)

2 Likes