What are you listening to? 2024

I need to find better sources for new music. What are some of your favorite radio stations (streaming, obvy) to discover new stuff?

2 Likes

For those who wish to refer back to the previous thread: What are you listening to? - #3037 by bbqboy

2 Likes

Thank you, dear :pray:

1 Like

Pluto TV has a variety of music stations, I stream different ones (via ROKU).

ALL FREE!!

1 Like

I love Pluto TV. And when there’s nothing else, you can always watch Jeopardy!

1 Like

I’ve had good luck with Pandora (rarely listen to Spotify but maybe I should?) - not just new to me music, but also a great source for my band’s repertoire, but didn’t know about Pluto TV.

I’m so old I first heard Billie Eilish and boygenius on SNL! :joy:

3 Likes

I also have “Tune In” on my Roku menu. There is one '80’s Lite Station that I’ll stream for some background “dinner” music.

It is called “181.fm Lite 80’s”

Sunshine really likes Pluto TV, especially the BUZZR channel (old game shows).

In addition to music, Pluto TV has a wide variety of shows and an “on demand” component, as well.

Again… ALL FREE!!

1 Like

Favorite radio stations for music are KMFA, KOOP, and KUTX.

1 Like

Geza Anda performing and conducting Mozart’z 21st piano concerto with the Camera Academica de Mozarteums Salzburg. O my!

1 Like

I’m old school. :wink:

I have 35 stations on Pandora. I usually put it on shuffle and rarely hear anything I have to give a thumbs down to.

Yah, I just find that many stations are very repetitive in their choices. Maybe I need to create a new one.

KOOP, as you probably figured from the name, is a co-op station. It has a number of shows that play things you are not likely to hear elsewhere.

1 Like

My PIC recently remembered that one of our favorite German radio stations, radioeins is available for streaming. Their late night shows are eclectic, for sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

True that, but at least it is music I like.

1 Like

I am going to check out some of these, thanks.
I have always listened to college radio to hear new and old music. Over the years Princeton, Rollins in Winter Park FL, 1190 in Boulder CO, and now 88.9 the X and 90.5 The Night in Monmouth NJ have all added to my music repertoire.
Bagel Radio, Shazam, and Amazon (who somehow gets me) as well.
And to contribute…English Teacher. In the Wolf Alice and Dry Cleaning mold.

1 Like
1 Like

Folks singing music:

1 Like

Radio FIP from France.

2 Likes