What are you listening to? 2024

That is particularly good.

He is also amazing as the pianist in Beethoven’s Triple Concerto. The opening of the second movement is a thing of beauty! I heard the Beaux Arts Trio playing it live; never to be forgotten.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

The first and last movements put me on the edge of sonic overload, but the second…yes.

I have to listen to it again, to see if I agree.

2 Likes

DEVO so good. They are presenting their remastered films next week at the Museum of Modern Art. Tickets go on sale tomorrow and hoping to score a couple.

4 Likes

Wow! I saw them twice back in the day.
Sometimes I wish I wasn’t 3000 miles from everything and everyone.

1 Like

They’ll be in Sundance this weekend so closer.

2 Likes

Sad

KCRW’s Morning Becomes Eclectic

Spotify: Find an artist you like and then click through to explore playlists they’re on, artists they may recommend, and so forth. There’s a wealth of information that can lead to fun discoveries.

Here’s my current (food related!) earworm:

And my current singin’ in the shower song:

2 Likes

Peter Schickele, aka P.D.Q. Bach, just died:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/peter-schickele-musical-parodist-behind-pdq-bach-dies-at-88/ar-AA1n9g0J

1 Like

I use Pandora, which is similar to Spotify :-), and have discovered many an artist & songs I’ve added to my band’s repertory.

Discovering new music is such fun!

2 Likes

I used to listen to Pandora, but gravitated to Spotify over time - seems like (no idea if true) the latter has a wider and deeper catalog, and has done a better job at finding connections between artists, thereby creating more “discoveries” for me.

Not knowing your interests, I’m unsure of playlists to start with. But I do enjoy the Southern Gothic playlist.

1 Like

I’m have pretty eclectic taste in music, with only a few genres I am not generally interested in: hipster ‘bluegrass,’ most modern country, any loud, screaming metal-type, modern R&B (that really isn’t) or neo-soul.

I tend to prefer strong or interesting vocals (more often than not female) over instrumental music, and I care about lyrics.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like