What are you drinking right now? (Non-alcoholic)

I love myself a good cup of tea. but i prefer drinking green tea. Its shown to have alot of medical benefits, and honestly has helped me improve alot of thing so much!
Pushing 40 now, my body gets really inflammated and i get painful aches. Through some good ol google searching i found out that anti inflammatory herbal tea is a natural way to relieve pain, so here i am. Hooked!

2 Likes

I’ve recently become obsessed with avocado smoothies (the Vietnamese kind). Rich, smooth, not too sweet, and even filling. I don’t know why I didn’t try these sooner.

3 Likes

Polish blackcurrant juice, Polish blueberry juice, iced coffee made with instant espresso, Vietnamese coffee made in my Moka pot, hot lemonade made with Realemon and sugar, masala chai from a tea bag or infuser, Earl grey, peppermint tea or hot cocoa made from cocoa with a dash of cinnamon.

2 Likes

Now you have me curious - what makes it Polish except country of origin for the juice or fruit?

The Polish and German juices tend to be less sweet, with more intense fruit flavor than Canadian and American juice. The blackcurrant is more popular in Central Europe . It is tart, unlike the British Ribena tetrapaks.

I buy them at the Polish grocery store. Hortex is one brand- I’m blanking on another brand that’s slightly more expensive.

There’s also an English apple ginger juice and apple rhubarb juice that I like. Again, less sweet and more intense than the North American apple juice.
https://cawstonpress.com/our-drinks/apple-rhubarb/

This is delicious:

Star Anise Milk

1 1/2 cups (375 ml) whole milk
1 teaspoon molasses
2 whole star anise

In a pot on medium heat, warm milk, molasses, and star anise until mixture just comes to a boil, about 7 minutes, whisking constantly. If the milk becomes frothy and attempts to boil over, remove from heat. Pour into teacups or a mug and serve hot.

Read it on Food52.

5 Likes

We’ve been drinking a herbal infusion every day - fresh turmeric, ginger, mint, and some sweet spices, everything ground and boiled with plenty of water until reduced to half.

Then strained and slightly sweetened with honey or jaggery.

Really good for throat and general immunity, but also delicious!

4 Likes

Next up.

2 Likes

Trader Joe’s Triple Ginger Brew (25 oz bottles w/metal clasp), sweetened with cane sugar and honey. Generally only available around the holidays. Has a bit of a bite, but not hot like Reed’s.

2 Likes

Has any tried Mr Q Cumber? It tastes like a Sprite but with a cucumber flavor.

It’s 5:30 am and I am having…. Oh wait, non-alcoholic?

1 Like

1 Like

Outside of water, coffee is the only non alcoholic beverage I drink. Maybe tea on occasion

3 Likes

Iced coffee.

Vietnamese iced coffee

Don’t worry, I will reuse the bag.

3 Likes

I don’t get the bag. Is there a goldish somewhere?

2 Likes

Lol. So it won’t spill in the car.

I had a mango lassi tip over and spill onto my floor mat last month, from the same model of plastic cup, so I appreciate this restaurant putting it in a tied bag!

But the bag is so big and baggy.

2 Likes

Iced mocha latte.

2 Likes

I tried Starbucks new Pineapple Passionfruit Lemonade today. 6/10. It tasted mostly like pineapple. I couldn’t pick up the passionfruit or lemon.

The freeze-dried fruit they add has a weird taste.

I like half sweet passion tea lemonade the best out of their fruity drinks.

Unimpressed with their current strawberry drink. Unimpressed with the dragonfruit drink.

I like the chocolate cream cold brew. I’ve had a few this summer.

I mostly order iced non-fat lattes at Starbucks, and at indie coffee shops during the summer, but I try most new drinks at least once.