What Are You Baking? November 2022

Ricotta Browned Butter Cookies, thanks to Shellybean and mig. These were easy and delicious, not too sweet. I let dough rest overnight in fridge, they took the specified 12 minutes.

12 Likes

Lookin good!

This afternoon I was watching “Glen and Friends Cooking” on youtube. His newest recipe is a Carrot Cake. My girlfriend walked into the room as I was watching it and said “I love carrot cake… can you make that??” I had everything in stock except for the pecans which were optional anyway… So this afternoon I made a carrot cake for “Sunshine” and she loved it. I did cheat and use “Betty Crocker” frosting, but she prefers that frosting over home made anyway, so all good.

10 Likes

A few weeks ago I posted that I often found my quiche crust tough and difficult to cut. I make it in a regular pie pan. A few folks suggested using a springform pan instead. I’m not clear on why the pan would make a difference, but I’d like to ask: if you have a quiche recipe you love and works well, I’d love a pointer!

I absolutely love that you are not only still in touch, but still dining together, with families now. I’ve never lived anywhere long enough to have those type of relationships spanning decades.

I use Stella Parks’ pie crust recipe as my quiche crust.

It’s the first pie crust recipe I’ve tried that doesn’t inspire me to curse. It doesn’t tear, shrink or get tough.

4 Likes

I doubled the recipe for milk bread from Mooncakes & Milkbread. Baked in a 13" pan. Sections will be given away to family.

12 Likes

My daughter took a few cookies to pass out at work … everyone loved, asked for the recipe.

I use to be afraid of attempting browning butter. Once I got over that hurdle, the recipe was easy.

2 Likes

That’s the spirit!

This might have caused a riot in my office :flushed:

You either brought LOTS of cookies, or suffered the “wrath” of all the people who didn’t get a cookie :joy:

1 Like

It’s a small set up; she offered to 5, 4 accepted, 1 wasn’t in the mood! His loss!

Linking the December thread.

1 Like

Since everyone loved these cookies and they were still delicious a few days later, I want to make more.

Has anyone tried doubling the recipe?

(I haven’t.)

My turn with this recipe. I wrapped in plastic wrap, placed in fridge for about 3 days, looked a bit “unfortunate.” Hard to slice, some fell apart, Best was sawing with serrated knife. First batch was 21 minutes, too long. Second 19 minutes, still a bit too long.

I did a double recipe of the ricotta Browned Butter Cookies, they are turning out fine.

2 Likes

Photos

5 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: What are you baking? December 2022

It’s December!

1 Like

Which recipe was this?

La Madeleine Classique(The Madeleine Classique) from Gâteau. Looks good, tastes delicious but not a success. The author states that in France they prepare the pan, put batter in, cover tightly with plastic wrap, refrigerate and after 6 to 12 hrs bake. I thought i would try this. When i took the wrap of it took some of the batter off thus no humps. My usual way is to refrigerate overnight and about an hour before baking i butter and flour Madeleine pan but it in the freezer and then bake. These are orange flavour and we like the combination of chocolate and orange. Teflon Madeleine pan was coated with melted chocolate mixedcoconut oil and a teaspoon of white corn syrup.

Ugh, didnt notice its November’s thread

8 Likes