What are you baking? August 2022

How beautiful is that. Can’t get any better.

2 Likes

Thanks Stef! And I’m here to report that the third one made great breakfast food…sans ice cream.

1 Like

WaPo had a recipe for blueberry cornmeal cake that looked like a great breakfast/snacking item so I bit. Ended up great, very moist, nice texture, delicious flavor. You put the batter into a heated skillet as you would cornbread, then scatter the blueberries over.

Blueberry Cornmeal Cake

16 Likes

I’m dying of lust!

1 Like

Rough puff in the freezer plus some apples mom bought made into turnovers.

13 Likes

:joy::joy:I just made pistachio/almond with cherries.

1 Like

So you just make frangipane, pipe (?) it into the mold, nestle some fruit in, and bake til done?

Yes, + a little flour. I don’t pipe, I use a small scoop. Important not to overbake.
ETA in the porcelain molds above, I flattened a cupcake liner and gave them a spritz.

Received the book - it looks great. Thanks for the reco!

Many things I’d like to try. My first three picks are the stone fruit tea cake, sour cherry cobbler and the lemon blueberry buckle.

2 Likes

The lemon blueberry buckle is terrific.

3 Likes

I was looking at this recipe from the same Russian channel and I’m so intrigued by this. It’s another cherry cake and it’s made with oil, which she emulsified into a mayo with one of the eggs, and added later to the whipped eggs. I must admit the crumb looks gorgeous on this:

3 Likes

I also love the rhubarb buckle with ginger crumb…

3 Likes

I need to make that since my rhubarb is going nuts. Found it online, thankfullY!

1 Like

The lemon rhubarb buttermilk Bundt is delicious! I’ve made it more frequently with berries, and cherries work very well. I usually make 2/3rds of the batter, pg.36.

1 Like

Lemon , cream cheese/ricotta cheesecake tartlet. Topped with red and white currants, the crust was frozen and I added the cheesecake mixture to the frozen crust, baked at 350* for less then twenty minutes.

13 Likes

Banana chiffon cake with cream cheese frosting. Always a favourite around here.

6 Likes

Love banana chiffon!

1 Like

Gorgeous! I am so envious you have access to beautiful currants!

2 Likes

I look forward to them every year. Only one vendor carries them at the FM, usually in the three colors, but only two so far this year…not complaining!

1 Like

Bakers - I had 3 really old pomelos in the fridge, which I squeezed to get about 12 oz of juice/pulp. Are there baked goods you like that feature grapefruit juice/pulp? I found a loaf cake both by smitten kitchen and sally’s baking addiction, where the latter adds the juice to the batter and the former lets it soak into the hot cake after baking. However, neither use much, topping out at 1/3 cup. Thoughts?