Westchester Mag's Wine & Food Festival, June 6-11...

Will any HOs be attending any of the events? This year they stretch all over the County, and I hear some are already sold out. www.westchestermagazine.com/winefood

1 Like

I’ll be attending the Burger & Beer Blast at the Kensico Dam this Thurs, June 8th. Well – not exactly “attending” - I’ll be cooking with a friend of mine to compete with the other burger restaurants. (We usually have to compete against Peter Kelly - an unfair fight! He took home the title last year, of course) Among the contenders is my boss’ husband’s place, Coal’s, which makes an outstanding burger. (They won in 2015!)Please wish me luck! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Good Luck, Lauren! Might see you there, and report back…there are a lot of fine burgers in the realm. Too bad it always seems to broil down to the usual suspects.

1 Like

Thank you!! If you go, stop by the License 2 Grill booth and say hi! :slight_smile:

Does anyone know how to win tickets to the food festival?

It’s pretty costly, so just wondering.

Check the website. It might offer an alternative to the ticket price…

The price of tickets is obscene … typical of Westchester … good luck!

1 Like

Good luck, Lauren!

1 Like

Wow! Yes , good luck!!

1 Like

Thank you all! Westchester Magazine gives us Schweid & Sons ground beef to use (good stuff for sure) but some places have the big bucks and bring in their own blend. (Not making for a completely level playing field!) My friend works so hard, I’d love to see her burger joint place at least! May our spatulas be mighty! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha!! I see what you did there. :wink:

I’ll be headed to the Best of Westchester again this year. DH’s work is one of the sponsors so we get free VIP tickets. Always a nice showing…

Just got back from the Burger & Beer Blast. Fantastic event, great weather (thankfully!), and the yummy competition was fierce!! A terrific turnout and some very heavy hitters this year! (Shake Shack, Bareburger and Chappaqua Tavern were among the newcomers) Coal’s brought home 1st place this year!! So well deserved. Their burger with duck bacon and soy glaze was something special!

5 Likes

Sounds great! I’ll have to try and make in next year.

1 Like

Definitely worth a Thursday night out! It’s like a burger buffet/beer garden meets trendy club! Great food and a fun vibe. Oh if anyone is interested, here are the 2017 winners:

1st Place - Coal’s - Port Chester & Bronxville
2nd Place - Madison Kitchen - Larchmont
3rd - Piper’s Kilt - Eastchester

My dear License 2 Grill didn’t earn a ribbon this time, but we gained a few new fans. We’ll be back. Thinking of new flavor combos already. We did a jalapeño popper burger this year.

Really? I am not a fan of their burgers. Did they do anything different?

I was just going to ask exactly the same question.

1 Like

I really like Piper’s Kilt’s Irish Cheddar burgers.

Never been to Piper’s Kilt and always wondered what the fuss was about. Traceyk, what about the burgers is special? I’m a big Irish Cheddar fan, so that’s a plus for me already.

They are very fresh and juicy, always cooked perfectly. The kind where the juice runs down your hand as your eating it. The aged Irish Cheddar just adds to the richness of the burger.

1 Like