We're ALL invited to Englishtown Auction for GYROS

I’m a fan of hole in the wall places, but I was never able to bring myself to eat anything inside those Englishtown auction buildings.

1 Like

With a HO at the helm (who has a commercial kitchen) I have no concerns… join us!

3 Likes

Wish I could, but we’ll be celebrating Mom’s 88th birthday. Let me know what you like, and I’ll hit it a little later on!

4 Likes

That’s an excellent reason not to make it. (unless mom likes Gyro’s!!!) God Bless mom and a happy and healthy birthday year ahead for her!!

2 Likes

I will pass this along to Mom! Thanks!

2 Likes

Wow, that is awesome! I wish her a happy birthday too! I will see if I can make it. It looks OK and I will rsvp.

I might be selling filled flasks at the door :smile:

2 Likes

The last time I was there was just a few weeks ago, much to my surprise there was advertisement for a tavern on location. I didn’t see where it was but I never knew there to be a bar there before.

The flask will still travel!

1 Like

The tavern is on Wilson ave …facing the street
Some outdoor seating with hi-tops. Food is generic burger, fries dogs. Across the street by the food trucks
Very good Taco stand.

2 Likes

I meant ACROSS the street from the tavern are food trucks … in that " food truck lot " is a Taco stand with thats pretty good!

1 Like

Is that the place with community type tables and (at least the time I was there) live music?

only tavern I know could b one inside

How long has it been there? Not like me to visit somewhere and not sniff out booze in the area, I’m like an alcoholic bloodhound. Or a bloodhound alcoholic? (whichever one reflects better on the dog, I’m the one with issues not them! Lol)

2 Likes

These are the RSVPs I have thus far:

@BossaNova 1
@joonjoon + ?
@ELeeper 2
@seal 1
@NotJrvedivici 2
@Oldandtired

Who else is in?

I’ll take a +2 if that’s allowed

2 Likes

For you? You!?!?! Anything for you Joon!

1 Like

Haha thanks for your approval. But @CurlzNJ - do the numbers indicate total guests or 2 including +1? I don’t want to be the only person doing a +2.

1 Like

I’ll confirm with John in the next few days, but I suspect it’ll be OK. I just think he’s not looking to have someone show up with six or eight people in tow…

No it’s fine, I just misunderstood what the numbers meant, I thought others were bringing
+2s. :slight_smile: Thank you!