Weird News

I’ve been to two AYCE buffets that featured crab legs (Buffalo, NY & Atlantic City, NJ). I didn’t see any fisticuffs, but the atmosphere was very tense!

3 Likes

:laughing:

Life-saving condiments again …

3 Likes

I don’t even know what taco sauce is. I take it, it’s not salsa or pico de gallo.

I haven’t set foot in a Taco Bell in at least 20 years, but I’ve, er, “experienced” is probably the best word, similar “taco sauce” at other fast food joints. It’s usually an even more mediocre version of mainstream-brand jarred salsa than the latter is itself, with a few little bits of (probably dehydrated) onion and pepper flakes and a barely noticeable amount of capsaicin in a base of tomato puree, water, vinegar, and maybe sugar…

As an aside, it seems bizarre to me that the article doesn’t even vaguely allude to the melted snow that must actually have “saved their lives”, 'cos without even water, both dog and human would’ve been dead, dehydrated husks after five days. Seriously speaking, the only thing a few packets of Taco Bell taco sauce would’ve done would’ve been to leave a bad taste in the guy’s mouth during his last days on Earth…:stuck_out_tongue:

Most taco sauce at FF establishments is like a less vinegary hot sauce ala Tapitio or Choula . No pieces of anything as that would then be salsa :dancer:
I think :thinking:

2 Likes

But that just doesn’t make for the sort of headline that grabs attention! :wink:

Now if the taco sauce guy had the foresight to equip his vehicle with a bottle of BBQ sauce like the good Samaritan in the first post…geez, he might have come out of the ordeal with a couple of extra pounds on him! :laughing:

2 Likes

'Cos we gotta have our Waffle House fix…

3 Likes
1 Like

Well, hey, at least she was driving (scooting?) in the “slow lane”, right?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:rofl:, indeed.

2 Likes

delete

Nothing surprises me, but frankly I’m shocked this did not occur in Florida.

2 Likes

I guess the rest of the South has their moment every once in a while! It is hard to beat an alligator in the kitchen sloshing around in booze though…

1 Like

I just sprayed my computer screen with a mouthful of water :rofl:

1 Like

I had watched the video, the spray was from merely recalling it :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

How could a place that make tacos run out of shells?
That sort of defies belief.

Not to mention Taco Bell products are carried in most grocery stores I think. They could have bought more shells and carried on!

1 Like

“Occurring” and “being reported” aren’t exactly the same things…:wink: Something has to strike a reporter as being at least slightly unusual before it even occurs to them to write it up, right?:stuck_out_tongue: (Where’s Carl Hiaasen when you need him…)

1 Like

He isn’t needed … these stories have lives of their own and are more insane than any fiction … maybe he’s concerned if he reports these stories people will stop reading his!

1 Like