Weekly Menu Planning - May 2024

Let’s use this thread to share concise weekly dinner menus for each week in May. It’s helpful if you can include your location and how many people you are feeding. Links to recipes are always appreciated, and sources help. We all know plans can change, so it’s fine (practically expected) when your week gets rearranged from your posted plan. You may choose to report actuals for the prior week to share ideas with others.

May flowers and celebrations abound: Cinco de Mayo, Mothers Day, graduation parties and bridal showers. All are opportunities for extra time with family and friends. And after solemn remembrances on the final Monday (Memorial Day), most in the USA will be thinking “ahhh – Summer at last!!!”Are you hosting any celebration meals? What’s on the menu?

The April discussion is still available for reporting the last week and follow-ups.

Reminder – Keep your comments menu / food related. And in the interest of faster viewing times, please use the knife&fork under a comment to indicate you liked it or want to echo what was said by another, rather than posting a separate comment.

2 Likes

Can’t believe it’ll be May on Wednesday! I’m ready, but not ready, for the semester to be over at the end of May.

For two adults in San Diego:

Breakfasts: I will bake scones today. I will bake scones today. I will bake scones today. (Hopefully this chant will bring good baking vibes.)

S: takeout - pizza, with enough for lunches the next few days.

Su: (tonight) Meatball subs made with TJs turkey meatballs on sourdough rolls

M: Shrimp quesadillas, with onions and peppers. Served with guacamole - seafood

T: Hummus topped with feta, tomato, cucumbers, avocado - salad/vegetarian

W: Spinach tortellini (purchased), ham, peas and Boursin cheese

Th: Chicken shawarma (TJs), yellow rice, veggies

F: Shawarma tacos with the leftover chicken, hummus, feta, and onions/peppers

Have a good week!

12 Likes

Hi everyone, feeding 3 in the Boston burbs. Coming off a quiet (unremarkable) week and hoping for another.

Sun: chicken enchiladas, beans and rice
Mon: steak tips, baked potatoes, sautéed spinach (peas for DS who hates spinach)
Tues: chicken tortilla soup (SK), little baby cornbreads using the cute mini-loaf pan I bought recently. Dinner will be early as I’m going with friends to hear a speaker about teenagers and anxiety.
Weds: fried chicken salads. Cornbread croutons using the leftovers from Tues.
Thurs: spaghetti and meatballs. Might swap Tues and Thurs depending on how my Tues goes… though as I type this, no cornbread Tuesday means no cornbread croutons on Weds… :confused:

11 Likes

Greetings, People.

It’s May, and now I have that song from Camelot stuck in my head.

Cooking for two adults in the PNW.

FRI: David Tanis’s spring chicken pasta with mushrooms, peas, fresh herbs, and lemon.

SAT: Char siu fried rice from Woks of Life. Pot-stickers (storebought). Sesame asparagus.

SUN: NYT’s spicy lemony chicken breasts with garden greens (gift link)

MON: Leftover fried rice. Leftover Tsukune meatballs from the freezer. Sesame spinach.

TUE: Going out for lunch to a local burger joint. Dinner will be light – I’m thinking last season’s spring pea soup from the freezer.

WED: Zuppa Toscana with garden kale. Mine is a mash-up of recipes from Budget Bytes and Natasha’s Kitchen.

THUR: Shrimp and asparagus stir-fry with a cider vinegar sauce.

7 Likes

Love that soup! I have added white beans (as the Budget Bytes recipe does) and liked it but my best version happened when I had a pile of cooked wild rice and was short on time and used the wild rice in place of potatoes. Yum!

3 Likes

That sounds really good - thanks for the tip!

1 Like

For two adults in San Diego:

Breakfasts: Let’s see if I can bake scones again this week!

S: (tonight) takeout - Japanese curry (chicken, veggies, rice), potstickers

Su: Salad (a bagged southwestern mix) with tomatoes, avocado, and cheese, served with a (purchased) crab cake. - seafood/salad

M: Pasta with a light cream sauce, bacon, spinach, and asparagus.

T: Croissant French toast with berries, bacon on the side. Had a great croissant French toast while in Indianapolis (at Cafe Patachou), and I’m curious to see what I can do at home. Will use this recipe as inspiration: https://www.dessertfortwo.com/croissant-french-toast/

W: Lentil soup - vegetarian/soup

Th: BBQ chicken sandwiches, slaw. Will buy a roasted chicken when grocery shopping to make life easier.

F: Chicken tacos

Have a good week!

1 Like