Dansko clogs
Blundstone boots
Keens
Asics running shoes
Camper sandals
El Naturalista shoes
Ecco
La Canadienne winter boots

I am looking for some new shoes. What other brands do you like?

1 Like

Meh, I think the Not About Food section is pretty open as long as one doesn’t stray into politics etc.

But this is a fun topic to me, possibly pointing to a dude/ette divide. Or maybe I’m just a slob. :slight_smile:

But here’s my lineup.

Daily Wear: New Balance cross trainer type shoes.
Dirty Wear (yard work/mowing): Last year’s pair of New Balance cross trainer type shoes.
Fishing/Kayaking/Muddy Wear: Two years ago pair of New Balance cross trainer type.
Church1 (if not ushering): See Daily Wear.
Church2 (when biweekly ushering, I have to wear big boy pants instead of shorts): cheap knockoff men’s “wingtip” styled shoes.
Dining Out: See Daily Wear for casual places or Church2 if more fancy.

2 Likes

Nice list! A few posters didn’t like my cosmetics thread, hence the trigger warning!

3 Likes

Dansko clogs at work
Merrel hiking shoes on mountains/trails
Whatever cross trainers or runners are mostly black from the Nike outlet store for the gym/city walks
Chaco sandals in heatwaves

1 Like

I wore my New Balance sneakers throughout the time frame dealing with my flooded office, and they were INCREDIBLY comfortable and supportive.

2 Likes

I’ve got 4 pairs of ON athletic shoes, the kind that I can slip on and not have to bend over and tie. Wear those every morning for my 45-60 minute walk with dog. Also wear slipon vans, Birkenstocks, a couple of flat Eileen fisher slides and got a pair of comfortable and stylish Ma’am shoes for son’s wedding. In winter wear (Santa Barbara winter so pretty mild) I have some suede chelsea boots I love and need to replace soon.

1 Like

I go barefoot.

2 Likes

Hiking: Hoka
Work: Hoka
Gym: Hoka
Playtime: Hoka recovery flips

See a pattern?

2 Likes

I was looking at some Hoka slides!

My roommate kept telling me that Hokas were the best thing ever. I kept balking at the price tag, then tried a pair on my arthritic feet. I havent looked back, and I have no pain (including a Camino in April…110km in 5 days)

2 Likes

You will love the Camino! I was lucky to visit in 2009!

We did the Inglés (my first Camino, his 8th or 9th)this past April. We’re planning on the Portuguese (Coastal? Litoral? Not sure yet) next spring.

1 Like

I didn’t walk the Portuguese one, but I took slow regional commuter trains from Porto to Santiago de La Compostela, so I saw some of the landscape from the train!

1 Like

Salomon hiking boots. Super lightweight, waterproof, supportive and the most comfortable footwear I’ve owned. It is with great reluctance that I wear anything else on my feet for outdoors.

Indoors: Glerups. Best slippers ever.

2 Likes

Indoors year round, Okabashi flip flops. Outdoors, Sketchers sneakers (I own multiple pairs). I’m currently in the land of Sketchers HQ and I’ve actually purchased two new pairs. Dress up occasions, Anne Klein loafers.

2 Likes

With you on the Salomon hiking boots. Been using them for over 10 years , comfortable from day 1 and never a blister .

1 Like

For running I love my Hoka Clifton 9 running shoes. Since I changed to those it’s sorted my achilles problem. But they suit my running style while other running shoes don’t.

1 Like

I’ve been looking at Hoka shoes online but haven’t tried any on; there are so many. What’s best for regular walking?

I talked to a stranger on the streetcar, wearing them. She said these are the only shoes she now wants to wear.

I’ve been wearing 920 men’s grey New Balance for years, maybe bought 5 times, only because tread has worn slick. The shoestrings never break I like the roominess in toe area.

1 Like

I wear Clifton 8s for the gym and for work. Roomie wears nonskip Bondis in the kitchen (he’s a chef)

Anacapas for hiking.

I have some tendonitis and arthritis in both feet, and he’s broken an ankle and a heel.

Both of us are pain free almost all the time with Hoka.

2 Likes

On my tombstone they’re gonna engrave “I told you my feet were killing me.”

I’ve gotten chef’s clogs or nurses’ clogs to wear in my kitchen, because the floors in my condo are travertine; hard and unforgiving. Even comfort mats don’t entirely do the job. If I’m doing a long session of cooking and serving people, I don’t even want my poor feet in the bed with me when I finally collapse. Suggestions welcome.