Vehicles and Buildings Shaped Like Food

3 Likes

7 Likes

Picnic basket count? Pretty famous structure.

3 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes
3 Likes

Ha ha. Reminds me of a contraceptive from the 80’s.

4 Likes

More of a monument

4 Likes

:star_struck: really cool :sunglasses:

Now extinct. Used to be in KC.
:frowning:

4 Likes

Sad so many kitschy, and iconic pieces of Americana are gone. :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

Despite living in the area for almost 30 years, I’ve never been there. I always thought it was a coffee shop - silly me. Will have to check it out someday @bbqboy.

1 Like

I am immediately reminded of a trip to the Minnesota State Fair in the mid-80s, where I saw some kind of food being sold out of a giant bell pepper, with big sign over top that said “Hot Dago Sandwiches.” As a Jersey girl who went to high school with a lot of Italian American kids, I was pretty shocked. Those sandwiches are still around, or they were as late as 2018.

Yep, definitely still around.

3 Likes

FB_IMG_1662059287833
FB_IMG_1662059280150

In the discussion I purloined these from, it was mentioned there was a bedroom up in the pot
The busboy lived in it.

2 Likes

You need a donut with your coffee:

2 Likes

Tony Gemignani is a big name in pizza here in the Bay Area–world pizza champion, several restaurants, etc. Just before the pandemic, he was opening a bread bakery in North Beach, the main Italian neighborhood in SF (where his pizza restaurants started), and someone on the street called him a dago. So he now runs Dago Bagels out of the bakery. They’re pretty darn good.

1 Like

Thanks for that.
Tremendous.

The tee pees I drove past for years

I guess there’s something to be said for just owning a slur. And that one’s pretty archaic. I don’t think I’ve ever heard it come out of an actual human being’s mouth. But I’d have a hard time answering the phone there.

Fortunately, the name of the bakery is Toscano Brothers–Dago Bagels is just the bagel part. And yeah, I thought that slur had gone into the dustbin of history.

2 Likes