Vegetarian/ Vegan Recipes

Being A pure Vegetarian i always look for new interesting recipes, which i can relish. So here i am asking your best dishes to share with me . After all sharing is caring. :blush:

1 Like

It’s summer and I’ve been thinking about Vietnamese summer rolls. Pretty easy with all the fresh veggies and some peanut sauce.

4 Likes

Yes to Vietnamese! I did a Vietnamese rice noodle salad recently. It would be tasty sans fish sauce to make it vegetarian. I think a splash of soy sauce or tamari could add the necessary umami taste.

Yesterday, I made a Sicilian white bean and escarole side dish. Made it vegetarian by using veggie broth instead of chicken broth. Very easy and went well with our not-vegetarian grilled halibut.

2 Likes

Sounds terrific. I use (filtered tap) water most often for similar preparations involving greens because the flavor of the broth isn’t what I’m after.

Often I’ll use smoked paprika, a splash of balsamic vinegar, a dash of pomegranate molasses, or a tablespoon of tomato paste to add umami depending on the desired flavor profile of the dish. A slug of olive oil for richness and/or lemon at the end for brightness.

P.S. I lean Mediterranean-ish for greens because that flavor profile is what I know how to work with best. I need to explore further.

3 Likes

Falafel with Tahini dressing

1 Like