Unique Serving - ware not cookware unless used as serving ware

Gorgeous! (But I think figuring out exactly how long to cook the custard in a deeper cup might drive me batty).

1 Like

Photograph Copyrights: Photographer Panarotto.
Here are some amazing ways to serve a dish or dessert or snack or appetiser.

GIOTULIPSOFCHOCOLATE734465_520844188011475_1536282152_n

2 Likes

Art on a plate. Amazing!

1 Like

At a time when we’re all wondering when we will again be able to gather friends for a meal, it is fun to pretend, maybe even plan for when we can.

We usually serve small bites in the living room before a dinner party. They fit nicely in a Chinese spoon or saki cup

Tartares, ceviches, custards and other fork or spoon foods take to antique French jam jars

The largest holds about 4 oz, the smallest just over a tablespoon

5 Likes

Thank you very much.
My dear amongst some chef friends.

1 Like

Exceptional …

Best wishes and stay well.

And burning time when I should be doing something else. grin

Form over function is a mistake no matter how cute. French fries/chips in a miniature shopping cart is stupid. Flat things to serve wet things isn’t very bright either. That doesn’t mean there isn’t room for creativity in presentation and some can enhance presentation, such as wood boards for charcuterie and cheese boards. Don’t make me fight my food, don’t increase waste.

The closest I have to unique is a nice hand made ceramic bowl with a steamer tower. You put on/over a pot of boiling water to steam and it goes straight to table. I use it for broccoli, cauliflower, dumplings, and such.

I have a Thai woven rice basket that is far from unique in Southeast Asia but gets attention here in the US.

A platter with divots for deviled eggs.

I like some whimsy in serving ware but there are a few things that are over the top (some doozies on that wewantplates site :rofl:). I generally like the use of seafood, fruit or other natural shells and containers that had the original food. But anything that looks like it can’t be easily cleaned and reused - read: unsanitary - makes me suspect. As a general rule of thumb, small food(s) on a giant-a$$ plate does not appeal to me.

I personally put zero touches on fancy presentation when I cook. My most unique serving ware is just leftover stuff from the 70s that I got from my mom, and those are more frightening than unique.