UKRAINIAN - Spring 2022 (Apr-Jun) Cuisine of the Quarter

https://www.washingtonpost.com/food/2022/06/17/spicy-sour-marinated-tomatoes-recipe-ukrainian/

1 Like

Today i made 84 varenyky like my mother use to make. They

are potato and dry cottage cheese filling. They are being frozen for Christmas :ukraine::ukraine::ukraine:

9 Likes

I love vareniki! We have some berry ones in the freezer I made in summer. Your post reminds me I should pull those out soon to enjoy.

1 Like

Oh we had a plum tree and my mother always made plum varenyky. We would sprinkle a little sugar and had sour cream with them.

2 Likes

Today i made my mother’s borscht recipe. There are beets, potato,carrot, leeks in this soup but after it is cooked everything is blended, lemon juice and sugar is added and heavy cream is stirred in. I call it ukrainian vichyssose
. Here it has croutons and dill but sometimes wehave it with diced boil potatoes or a varenyky dropped in or little dumplings filled with mushrooms called ushki(only at Christmas). :ukraine::ukraine::ukraine:

11 Likes

After an extremely emotional day yesterday i made nalysnyky (ukrainian crepe). These are filled with a farmers cheese sweetned with icing sugar, egg yolks, vanilla. Dotted with butter and baked for 20 minutes. Served with rasperry sauce. Nostalgia from my youth.

Slava Ukraini​:ukraine::ukraine::ukraine:

11 Likes
1 Like