Turkish Breakfast <new anon6418899 scoop lol>

I’m doing it again, but it’s in light of fairness I haven’t tried it yet, but I will tomorrow!

But just imagine Turkish Eggs, housemade pastries, and 12 other goodies including 5 different types of cheese, labne yogurt, plus Turkish tea of coffee, 14 items in all.

Here’s an example from Türkiye. I guess we gotta spell it Türkiye cuz Erdogan said so.

You liking it? Don’t hate me cuz I’m holding back, I’ll make it worth the tease baby

Hold on a sec how do I spell Türkiye-ish
Goddamit, Recep, being a food writer is hard enough stop messing with me

10 Likes

I love savory breakfasts. Seems promising.

4 Likes

Ohmygod this is AMAZING!

5 Likes

Turkish Breakfast I hardly knew thee
Killed In Action, Purple Heart
R.I.P. 2022 - 2022

Damn I’m really full

7 Likes

It looks delicious. I think you could use more sensitive phrasing with respect to your consumption of it.

2 Likes

Well, when it is one man vs a meal for two, it’s kill or be killed! I walked away from this one. I couldn’t talk to the owner but I learned a lot from the server about turkish breakfast and turkish waffles. And I learned the turkish word for turkish lol

It was a very sumptuous meal, but in actuality, these are not very extravagant things on the board at all. I think I’m just excited by the format more than anything. The egg dishes were great though, nice change of pace from say shaksuka. Great cheeses too. The breads are wonderful, esp the turkish sesame bagel, kudos on that ringer.

I did a quick search and not even NYC has this “dish”. So I’m bringing you quite the scoop!

4 Likes

I did take home the olives. No olives were harmed in the making of this picture.

4 Likes

I was wondering about those olives. :joy:

2 Likes

dude. That looks like the spread laid out at every place I stayed in Turkey. I WANT TO EAT THAT. I can’t see well enough at the back of the photo – is there any simit involved in this? Because if I could have just one of those perfectly simple sesame bread rings, I would go there today. OOOH, i see your comment above, it IS a simit!! You need to tell me where this is pleaseandthankyou.

7 Likes

I think I found it. But I will keep your secret till you are ready to share.

2 Likes

The Simit was great. Welcome to Club Med!

2 Likes

No pudding until you finish your olives Sonny!

2 Likes

https://coffeeturcos.com/

2 Likes

Spoiler alert, honkhonk can’t even

2 Likes

At some point, you have to ask yourself, who is providing value here and who is not

3 Likes

I’m a great admirer of yours, but on this I must mildly and respectfully disagree. People have a right to post information here as they see fit. HO isn’t any one person’s private playground. But, I’m not going to engage further on this digression. Personally, I’m glad we know what place this is.

2 Likes

great. have fun. I’m not really so much anymore, so I guess I’m out for a while.

I have my doubts that it is accurate information in the first place, based on my googling. anon6418899 will post details in the fullness of time, I expect.

4 Likes

Alright cat is out of the bag thanks to crybaby in the corner. It is Coffee Turco. He must have been skulking around my insta and saw that I tagged them, because they asked me to. I wanted to make a new thread with their name in it later. July, you were probably thinking Istanbul’lu, which is a really good guess, they do have a “breakfast plate”, but it’s not the spread C.T.'s is. But good thinking! Istanbul’lu has been a hit since it opened, and is one of the few Turkish places that does interesting stuff outside of kebabs. Pretty small place. Boston has a long history of Turkish cuisine, fortunate. C.T.'s Serpme wows you because it’s much larger with more components. They originally had it on the menu for 1 person, at ~20, but then they quickly pivoted for 2 people at 40. I think it’s better that way and more simulates what you see in Turkiye. In fact, the current paper menu has the price scratched out and it’s marked up for two people. For some reason, 2 pages are missing, but they exist online as a pdf on their website.

I might take off from hungry onion too, some people, you know who, are so antagonistic. Perhaps this board is better served with cranks running around in empty playgrounds. I have other outlets.

2 Likes

@passing_thru I won’t allow that, not on my watch. Seriously, please don’t go on hiatus again.

3 Likes